New Fender Flares and Side Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So about a month ago, the truck got hit which damaged the passenger side mirror, but the company that we bought the side mirrors from doesn’t sell just the passenger side mirror,

the only option to replace the passenger side mirror by keeping the driver side mirror would be to buy a whole pair (Left Side Mirror & Right Side Mirror),

so we went ahead and bought some Switchback Sanooer Tow Mirrors, the mirrors indeed came in not that long ago, but our plan was to get the side mirrors colormatched by one of our favorite places,

but we completely forgot that there was still a set of new fender flares that we ordered back in December 2022, so now we are planning on getting the fender flares and the side mirrors colormatched,

I‘ll keep you guys updated when it gets done, can’t wait!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RyanDavidPonter
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So about a month ago, the truck got hit which damaged the passenger side mirror, but the company that we bought the side mirrors from doesn’t sell just the passenger side mirror,

the only option to replace the passenger side mirror by keeping the driver side mirror would be to buy a whole pair (Left Side Mirror & Right Side Mirror),

so we went ahead and bought some Switchback Sanooer Tow Mirrors, the mirrors indeed came in not that long ago, but our plan was to get the side mirrors colormatched by one of our favorite places,

but we completely forgot that there was still a set of new fender flares that we ordered back in December 2022, so now we are planning on getting the fender flares and the side mirrors colormatched,

I‘ll keep you guys updated when it gets done, can’t wait!!
Here is a quick little update, yesterday we replaced the side mirrors, and not going to lie, these side mirrors look WAY better than the old ones.

The only complaint we have with them is that the mirrors look a little tilted compared to the old ones. We haven’t wired up the running light yet since it needs to go through the firewall into the engine bay and then into the fuse box, we might just get the running light wired by a professional while they get colormatched with the fender flares.

The fender flares on these Ram Pickups are very easy to take off and install, you need a 9mm socket and just work your way in the wheel well, and if your truck came with the fender flares from factory (What I Have), you may have the double sided tape underneath the fender flares, but it’s very weak so it isn’t very hard to take off | get rid of.

Here is a picture of the new tow mirrors!!

IMG_0833.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RyanDavidPonter
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a quick little update, yesterday we replaced the side mirrors, and not going to lie, these side mirrors look WAY better than the old ones.

The only complaint we have with them is that the mirrors look a little tilted compared to the old ones. We haven’t wired up the running light yet since it needs to go through the firewall into the engine bay and then into the fuse box, we might just get the running light wired by a professional while they get colormatched with the fender flares.

The fender flares on these Ram Pickups are very easy to take off and install, you need a 9mm socket and just work your way in the wheel well, and if your truck came with the fender flares from factory (What I Have), you may have the double sided tape underneath the fender flares, but it’s very weak so it isn’t very hard to take off | get rid of.

Here is a picture of the new tow mirrors!!

View attachment 529422
Here is a quick update (sorry for not posting in a while), I took the old fender flares off which was very easy, I ended up getting the new fender flares put on meanwhile I ended up getting a few other stuff done to it as well!

Now let’s talk about colormatching, I‘m going to hold off on that since winter season is coming up and it’s very cold in New Jersey already, I‘m going to just wait until spring season to get everything colormatched.

And also, the new side mirrors running light was wired by the same place that put on the new fender flares, I just wanted it tapped into the headlights running light wire.

Thank you for making it this far, I will let you all know when the side mirrors and fender flares get colormatched, here is a quick picture of what she looks like now!IMG_0989.jpeg

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks nice, would love to see what the running lights look like at night.

OP
OP
RyanDavidPonter
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks nice, would love to see what the running lights look like at night.
Here it is during sunset, we just got the back from the dealership after it had a massive engine failure with the spark plugs so I don’t have much pictures of it right now, I honestly prefer the white running lights instead of the amber.IMG_1097.jpeg

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@RyanDavidPonter Hey, I know this thread is a little older, but there are no other posts on the Sanooer products that I could find.

Other than the running light mode. Did everything else work as it should?
Did the blinker and puddle lights work?

I got hit on the drivers side and they didn't stop, so I have to put out of pocket. I was looking at these as a set to replace my factory ones.

TIA,

Don

OP
OP
RyanDavidPonter
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@RyanDavidPonter Hey, I know this thread is a little older, but there are no other posts on the Sanooer products that I could find.

Other than the running light mode. Did everything else work as it should?
Did the blinker and puddle lights work?

I got hit on the drivers side and they didn't stop, so I have to put out of pocket. I was looking at these as a set to replace my factory ones.

TIA,

Don

Hey Don, I’ve had these side mirrors from Sanooer since October and they work great, puddle lights are extremely bright, turn signals haven’t burnt out, I don’t have anything bad to say about it really.

Honestly the hardest part is just wiring the running light so I had a shop do it for me since it’s complicated with these newer pickups, other than that I would recommend them 100%!

Donn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to ask multiple questions...

So did the blinker light work, but the running light didn't until you wired it up directly?

I appreciate the update.

OP
OP
RyanDavidPonter
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry to ask multiple questions...

So did the blinker light work, but the running light didn't until you wired it up directly?

I appreciate the update.

When I didn’t have the running light wired up it would only be the turn signal, if you don’t wire the running light there will be no difference to anything else except there will be no running light, other than that it works perfectly without a running light!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357