spot welds rusting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ledge2ez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey guys something else that i noticed after my first winter :( .....between the rear of the cab and the front of the box.....you can see spot welds where the side of the box and the front of the box are attached......maybe 10-12 spot welds.....well on my truck on both sides about 6 of the lower welds where turning orange ....not very pretty on a white truck.....dealer had to remove box and repaint these areas :( but it turned out awesome with no overspray!!!! just something else i thought id pass along...

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
hmm ill have to check into that one on mine

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Glad to see a dealer still looking out for us.

OP
OP
ledge2ez

ledge2ez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
no question about the rust...now the rail dust thing...they played dumb until i knew what it was...then they were oh ya we got a new challanger we gotta claybar before it comes in the showroom lol

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
hey guys something else that i noticed after my first winter :( .....between the rear of the cab and the front of the box.....you can see spot welds where the side of the box and the front of the box are attached......maybe 10-12 spot welds.....well on my truck on both sides about 6 of the lower welds where turning orange ....not very pretty on a white truck.....dealer had to remove box and repaint these areas :( but it turned out awesome with no overspray!!!! just something else i thought id pass along...

I think it is issue on white trucks now it looks like you guys have Bright White and I have Stone White but I also had the rust on the spot welds. Even though I have warranty I did not take it in I used touch up paint and it looks perfect as the welds were slightly indented anyway. My experience with white and Mopar has been more likely to rust. 96 Jeep G Cherokee (Stone), 2000 Caravan (Bright) and now my 09 Ram (Stone) all have shown rust earlier than I think it would on other colors and in fact rusted when others would not have. Could be all brands but since I only buy Mopar I really don't have experience with others.