Step Bars: N-Fab or Dominator D3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwerner74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So I've narrowed down the step bar choice for my 2500 to either the N-Fab or Dominator D3 step bars. Anyone with experience with either one that can share the pros and cons of each? They both appear to be pretty much identical in construction, but the Dominators are $75 cheaper. Just curious if the N-Fabs are really $75 better than the D3s. Thanks in advance!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know about the d3 bt I have the nfabs I like them quite a bit. They are a little slick when wet and my girlfriend slips on them every once in a while. I'm looking at linexing them so they aren't as slick. I love the look. Nice and tucked up into the truck with just the step dropped down. Only thing I don't like which I imagine both would have is the way they mount. If you off-road and bump it it's going to crunch the rocker panels or rip the mounts. I'm going to see if I can get a welder to weld a bracket that mounts to the body bracket for the truck to hold the step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Gwerner74

Gwerner74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't know about the d3 bt I have the nfabs I like them quite a bit. They are a little slick when wet and my girlfriend slips on them every once in a while. I'm looking at linexing them so they aren't as slick. I love the look. Nice and tucked up into the truck with just the step dropped down. Only thing I don't like which I imagine both would have is the way they mount. If you off-road and bump it it's going to crunch the rocker panels or rip the mounts. I'm going to see if I can get a welder to weld a bracket that mounts to the body bracket for the truck to hold the step

Do yours have the textured black finish from the manufacturer?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I got gloss to match the rims I was going to purchase.

OP
OP
Gwerner74

Gwerner74

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No I got gloss to match the rims I was going to purchase.

Thanks for the input. I'm planning on going with the textured black. Based on what you said about them getting slippery, I'll probably throw some water on them before mounting to see how slick they get. If it's bad I'll get them lined before install.

ocwill1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I had the n-fabs for a while and sold them and got the amp's.. wife had issues getting out of vehicle with having to make sure to look before getting out. and they were a little slippery, even the textured. with the amps, no need to really pay attention because of the large step area. they are a little pricey, but if you will be keeping truck for a long time, pays for itself..

RandyGallup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the N Fab and do not like them. I feel that where you step to get into the truck when driving is to far forward and awkward. My 5 yr old on the other hand loves them bc it's easier for him to get in and out, and that's the only reason I keep them on. Just my $.02

markusaf81

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have info on installing them? I read there is drilling required with the NFAB

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have info on installing them? I read there is drilling required with the NFAB

If you don’t have factory steps then drilling is required. 2 holes per side