Tell me about your spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trog73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I need some quick help, y'all. I finally got a matching wheel for my 2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman and I was all set to get the spare mounted on it so I can do a 5-tire rotation. So, I drop the spare and, sumbitch... it ain't the same tire! I've got 275/70R18, Firestone Transforce ATs on the truck and the spare is an HT! WTF! When I'd looked at it previously, I noticed only that it was a Firestone Transforce; I didn't think to check that it was the same model. Is this right? Did I get hosed? I'm planning on heading to the dealer after work to see what they say but thought I'd check first with the forum. Is it standard operating procedure to get a spare that does not match the other four? I am POed!

timjthomas23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes all the rams are like that

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I keep my spare in my basement. It's also round and stuff.

timjthomas23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since everyone was so helpful. My Ram has 20 inches tires but spare is a 17 rim with bigger tire so the overall height is the same

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk