Unsure about keeping my RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My husband has a 2013 dodge ram slt quad cab engine 4.7L . V8 Engine light on dealership said needs fuel pressure sensor mopar part 68210330AA. Told him they don’t make this anymore? truck runs great vehicle emission will not pass it. Is there a work around or a compatable part for this? I’m trying to help him he’s so frustrated.
You could also try Benny at All Mopar Parts on here.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My husband has a 2013 dodge ram slt quad cab engine 4.7L . V8 Engine light on dealership said needs fuel pressure sensor mopar part 68210330AA. Told him they don’t make this anymore? truck runs great vehicle emission will not pass it. Is there a work around or a compatable part for this? I’m trying to help him he’s so frustrated.
Tell him to check into the fuel pressure differances between a 5.7 and a 4.7,as he might be able to mod the 5.7's sensor enough to fit your 4.7 if they're both a 58 psi fuel pressure system.They look similiar except for the pigtail,so he might be able to cut the pigtail off and rewire it for the 5.7's pigtail.

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your dealer is stupid, which is pretty standard. eMopar shows the part as "currently unavailable" which does not mean the stopped making it, just that it's currently out of stock at their warehouse. It's common enough for parts to be out of stock that there is a system in place to tell dealers when to expect the part to be in stock. If you want the Mopar part, I recommend calling another dealer. If not, a Google search will show you several aftermarket options.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Your dealer is stupid, which is pretty standard. eMopar shows the part as "currently unavailable" which does not mean the stopped making it, just that it's currently out of stock at their warehouse. It's common enough for parts to be out of stock that there is a system in place to tell dealers when to expect the part to be in stock. If you want the Mopar part, I recommend calling another dealer. If not, a Google search will show you several aftermarket options.
Help the lady out,and find her one then as you seem to know all about them

Zoe Saldana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Wanted to get some advice. I bought a 2011 1500 outdoorsman with the 5.7 hemi 5 months ago. Its been in the shop the last 2 months. It has 89,000 miles on the clock.

Bought it cause it looked practically new and like it had been babied. Came with adjustable bilstein 5100s, nice rims and new 35" BFG ko2s. I hunt and overland a lot and drive solo into a lot of areas without phone service or that are inaccessible by tow trucks. I'm planning an arctic circle trip in the next year and drive from the southwest to the PNW and out to the east coast a few times a year. So I need something I know I can rely on.

I knew these trucks had some reliability issues but figured I'd take my chances cause the price and setup was right. I bought it from a dealer and bought an extended warranty for it for peace of mind. 2 hours into a month long roadtrip I got a code for a misfire and then sure enough loss of power. Limped it back at low rpms. Dodge dealer first diagnosed plugs and coil packs so I changed those myself but still had the same code so took it back where they told me it was cams and lifters.

The warranty tried everything they could to not cover it but eventually it went through, but the process took almost 2 months. If i had been on the road theres no way I could have waited somewhere for 2 months for this again. And typically I have firearms and my dog so figuring out other arrangements isn't always easy.

They didn't find any metal so they're doing new cams and lifters. Having such failure after driving this for 1,000 miles has shook my confidence in this rig. I've driven toyotas in the past and always knew I could trust em deep in the backcountry.

So overall, wondering if y'all would trust a truck like this in the future. I know the cams and lifters are a known issue but are there any other common issues to look out for? Would any of those issues potentially leave me stranded in the backcountry? Anything to make this rig more reliable?

The best thing financially would be to keep it for 3 years I have the warranty, pay it off and sell it before the cams and lifters explode again in 80,000 miles. I'm weary to drive it across the country knowing if it breaks down it could be months before it's back on the road. And definitely do not want to end up broken down in a situation without service and ample food/water. Considering how I use the truck would you keep it and roll the dice or trade it in for something more reliable?
I'm planning an arctic circle trip in the next year and drive from the southwest to the PNW and out to the east coast a few times a year.
======================

Get a 6.4L 2500 if not a 3500

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Help the lady out,and find her one then as you seem to know all about them

I do not have access to FCA's computer network.
I DO have experience with dealer incompetence.
I know, from my experience speaking to someone in the Parts Department at Jack Phelan CDJR, that dealers have the ability to search other dealer inventories, as well as see estimated time to availability of backordered parts.
I helped a forum member out by sharing information. I did not find the part for them, because I am not an auto parts supplier.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I do not have access to FCA's computer network.
I DO have experience with dealer incompetence.
I know, from my experience speaking to someone in the Parts Department at Jack Phelan CDJR, that dealers have the ability to search other dealer inventories, as well as see estimated time to availability of backordered parts.
I helped a forum member out by sharing information. I did not find the part for them, because I am not an auto parts supplier.
You didn't add squat to the post,that hadn't already been posted , :Big Laugh:

Neomoritate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You didn't add squat to the post,that hadn't already been posted , :Big Laugh:
A forum member was lied to by a dealer who told them a part is no longer available. I alerted them to the fact that the dealer was lying, that aftermarket replacements are available now, and that a competent dealer will advise them about OEM availability.
Which of those things, specifically, "didn't add squat'?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
A forum member was lied to by a dealer who told them a part is no longer available. I alerted them to the fact that the dealer was lying, that aftermarket replacements are available now, and that a competent dealer will advise them about OEM availability.
Find her one then.Little tidbit for you,the last 4.7 used was in 2013,if they're out of stock now,what makes you think Ma Mopar will have more made for an engine that wasn't really popular in the trucks,and has been out of production for 11 years.
At least a few of us gave her links to try,you didn't even do that,but you want a pat on the back,because you think you helped her out,by telling her to try another dealer.
I still stick by my statement,you didn't add anything to the thread.
Have a good evening sir ;)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
ZMP_

Water pumps tend to show a leak some time after 140,000 miles
Your Dodge Ram uses HOAT Coolant

If you decide to drop the transmission pan, there are 2 filters inside
2x4 filters have one filter thinner than a 4x4 model would have

Buy a good tire patch & plug kit with mini air compressor

Last edited:

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I doubt the dealership lied. Do you understand how their parts inventory systems works?

They use the OEMs parts network to find other dealers. If the OEM network (aka FCA) says its no longer available and shows none in stock at any other dealer, guess what? She can call every dealer in the country and it won't be there because it's a) not on their shelves and b) not in any warehouse.

If by competent dealer you mean that they can read a screen, I guess any of them would suffice.

Nedfn1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
As of this date there is no published fix for the replacement of the fuel pressure sensor on a 2013 Ram 1500 tradesman 4.7l.
I just solved the problem but it was not easy. First of all the part number for the sensor has been changed 3 time. The first 2 part numbers are no longer available. The third part number 68550956AA also requires a wiring kit the change the plug 68137864. This is only the beginning. The original part 68210330AA had female connectors on both ends. The inlet end was a blue connector and the discharge end was a red connector. The new replacement part has a red female connector on the inlet end and a red male connector on the discharge end. Working with a parts guy from a Ram dealership we identified that a new main fuel line was needed to connect the fuel pressure sensor discharge to the engine $214. This did not solve the issue to the red female connector on the inlet side of the sensor. For that I took the part to a mechanic who cut off the red female sensor and installed a blue female sensor. This works, The truck is back in service.