Tonneau Cover short bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, thanks for your feed back. People swear their bakflip cover is better than the air we breathe. Maybe install error or a defective cover? Or perhaps....just a designs flaw? I do like that revolver x2.

It was great for the first year but eventually leaked at the hinges/seams between the panels. For the money you would think it would be more durable. Its kinda hard to install them improperly. Bakflip sent me new seals and suggested a few things, but nothing solved their issue. It may have been the cold weather or snow loads, or something. I had it for 5 years before trading off the truck. I went with the factory hard folding cover on the new truck, dealer threw it in with the new truck deal. I dealt with too many soft top caving in and shrinking when cold issues to go with anything soft. I do open it up once a week or so.

Last edited:

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
^ nice, thanks for the follow up.

jaflowers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Had a Fold a Cover on my 09 1500 and it worked very well. It was the OEM one for Dodge at the time and their LS line. Bought a 2015 2500 and a new G4 Elite cover in January and am very impressed with it and the upgraded locking it has compared to the LS model. If you need total access to the whole bed for hauling it takes just a couple of minutes to remove the cover by removing 4 bolts. Super easy.

blackout881

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Extang Trifecta tri fold tonneau. Love it and the clamping system is great.

CrossBo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Longhorn 4x4
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've been researching tonneau covers for the past few weeks and have gotten...essentially no where. Between the Bakflip, fold-a-cover, Retrax, Peragon, and so on, there's just a lot of good options.

Point of this post... I came across this cover and have not seen it anywhere on the forum yet nor any reviews (other than on the product website)
Main-Charcoal-Wood.jpg

LOMAX Hard Tri Fold Tonneau Cover | Folding Truck Bed Cover

It's a flush mount, which I tend to like, and it has no drainage tubes, thinner rails, etc. I guess bc it overhangs and has weather stripping? I'm really not sure what to think about it relative to quality and weather seal ability.

Any thoughts? Anyone running with it?