Tow hook lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack7587

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know there are a couple threads on here about them but I was wanting to know if anyone had more information on them. I wanting to install light where the tow hooks would go on my 2015 Big Horn.

1) Are the plastic covers removable or does it need to be cut?

2) What kinda of room is behind them? Would I be able to use a bracket that comes with a light or need to fabricate my own?

3) Any recommendations on light that are spot/flood. The Are measures 10" X 3".

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e1a78e9d3adfdd8b9f5975a153b26d29.jpg

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to do something like this? http://www.ramforum.com/f41/led_light_bars_bumper-82098/

The covers are attached with 4 bolts and then they just slip out. How much room you have depends on the light. You won't be able to go any wider than the lights I used without a lot of work.

Some guys have been able to use the stock mounts, I fabricated my own. Type of light depends on what you want them for I suppose. Being that low to the ground kind of limits the output, IMO.

7duster3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I plan on doing this same thing. My initial thought was to remove the bumper for easier working space and install two 8 inch OPT-7 C2 light bars. I'm going to remove all or maybe most of the plastic and make a custom mounting plate that connects to the bumper bolts so that I can use the stock mounting brackets that came with the lights. They might stick out a little bit but that's ok with me. I'll take pictures when I get home and get started on this.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
im already working on a few different ideas for mine