Tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhenson12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Driving home from work today roughly 25 miles from the house and get around a mile away and all the sudden I get the ding and service TPMS system. The passenger rear tire wasn't giving me a reading. Got home tire was not flat nor losing do these sometimes pop off or go bad often. The truck is only a 2014. This is the first truck I've had with these on it. Are they prone to failure? Is it a cheap easy fix or pricey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you try to restart it after shutting off to see if it still shows issue. Could have been a clitch that reset.

OP
OP
Jhenson12

Jhenson12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I turned the truck of pulled key, then stuck back in and didn't start it but turned it on and it read 40,40,40,-- I thought the same thing since it happened kinda outta no where no bumps or anything

Smxtmpr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
My buddy dropped mine and it bounced across the floor as he was installing them on my new rims... still works.

ram lady

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
I took mine out of the rims,a friend of mine made a device out of PVC pipe and the sensors are in there.Stuck that device nearby where the computer can read them.I hate them the TPMS system with a deep passion.

OP
OP
Jhenson12

Jhenson12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I'm gonna try doing the reset on it. If that doesn't work I'll take it to my mechanic and get them checked out might just have to replace them.