WeatherTech Window Deflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never had deflectors on any vehicle I've owned. However after sitting through a rain shower at the track, I found you can't even crack the windows for fresh air without as much rain as air coming in the cab. So I've been researching the various options, WT, AVS, EGR, etc.. Seems WeatherTech is the only one that supports regular cabs, which greatly narrows down the options. I'm going to go with the in-channel style as I don't like the look of the external ones, nor do I want adhesive on the paint. I also like that the WT units don't use tape. I'd hate to have to try and clean all the stickum out of the channels should I decide to remove them. They got really great reviews on some of the vendor sites.

http://www.weathertech.com/ram/2017/ram1500/side-window-deflectors/ram-1500-cab/regular-cab/

So has anyone used these before? Likes? Dislikes?

I also saw an interesting cargo containment system they offer.

http://www.weathertech.com/cargotech/

Thanks!

wink

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
I've got a new set still in box if your interested. Sent you a private message.

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never had deflectors on any vehicle I've owned. However after sitting through a rain shower at the track, I found you can't even crack the windows for fresh air without as much rain as air coming in the cab. So I've been researching the various options, WT, AVS, EGR, etc.. Seems WeatherTech is the only one that supports regular cabs, which greatly narrows down the options. I'm going to go with the in-channel style as I don't like the look of the external ones, nor do I want adhesive on the paint. I also like that the WT units don't use tape. I'd hate to have to try and clean all the stickum out of the channels should I decide to remove them. They got really great reviews on some of the vendor sites.

2017 RAM Ram 1500 | Rain Guards - Side Window Deflectors for Cars Trucks SUVs and Minivans | WeatherTech.com

So has anyone used these before? Likes? Dislikes?

I also saw an interesting cargo containment system they offer.

CargoTech Containment System Blocks For Your Trunk | WeatherTech.com

Thanks!

wink

I use them on my crewcab. The fronts are super easy to install. Takes all of 5 minutes for installation

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have avs in channel adhesive ones and I put WT ones on my 4 runner.... the WT ones are 10 times nicer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't tell much from the pics buy, picture with no sky is weather tech and picture with the sky is AVSa6651f192921e374d2b2c5810757b46f.jpgb04cd9b099f7dac315d2f4c853c3de0a.jpg

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the WeatherTech in-channels. I installed them about a week and a half ago. I love them. I've heard people have challenges getting them seated so that the auto reverse on the window doesn't kick in, but i made out pretty good. I started with the passenger front, did the two rears, and then only the driver did i have to screw around with to get the proper fitting to keep the window from auto reversing. Whole process took maybe 10 minutes from opening the box to having them all in and working perfectly.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
mpress2570, they are still available.

I actually ordered a pair this morning, but thought I'd get some confirmation from others because they're so damn expensive. I got them direct from WeatherTech. CarID had the same price, but AutoAnything was $20 over retail. No thanks! ;) I actually was leaning toward the low profile AVS (I think, maybe it was EGR), but they don't support the regular cab models.

DailyRam, I watched a video and they addressed the auto-reverse thing. They said to pull out on the deflector after install to seat it good, do about 5 slow open/close cycles, then leave the window closed for 12-24 hours. In the sun if possible. We'll see if that works for me.

The only complaints I saw was for the rears on 4 door Rams. Everyone was happy with the fronts. So I decided to take a chance.

Thanks for the responses everyone! I feel more confident about paying so much now.

wink

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have them on our 2014 Latamie CC. Love them. Best deflectors we have ever had.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
mpress2570, they are still available.

I actually ordered a pair this morning, but thought I'd get some confirmation from others because they're so damn expensive. I got them direct from WeatherTech. CarID had the same price, but AutoAnything was $20 over retail. No thanks! ;) I actually was leaning toward the low profile AVS (I think, maybe it was EGR), but they don't support the regular cab models.

DailyRam, I watched a video and they addressed the auto-reverse thing. They said to pull out on the deflector after install to seat it good, do about 5 slow open/close cycles, then leave the window closed for 12-24 hours. In the sun if possible. We'll see if that works for me.

The only complaints I saw was for the rears on 4 door Rams. Everyone was happy with the fronts. So I decided to take a chance.

Thanks for the responses everyone! I feel more confident about paying so much now.

wink

Yeah, i followed the instructions and had no problems. Like i said, the first three went on with out a hitch. I was expecting more fiddling, but was pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, i followed the instructions and had no problems. Like i said, the first three went on with out a hitch. I was expecting more fiddling, but was pleasantly surprised.

Cool! Just hope I like how they look. I went with the dark tint. Figured they could double as skinny sun visors. ;)

wink

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Here is my ram with the window vents.
20841736_10106044093375283_3728206728852855400_n.jpg

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I wish I had gotten the in channel ones instead of the stick on ones.....

on a side note.....

When are retailers going to come to grips with the fact that people aren't stupid and can shop around via the net????

WeatherTech sells the in channel units for $100 for the 4 piece set.... My local O'Reilly Auto Parts wants $162 for the exact same set...... Come on, why would I pay $62 more for the exact same item??????

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish I had gotten the in channel ones instead of the stick on ones.....

on a side note.....

When are retailers going to come to grips with the fact that people aren't stupid and can shop around via the net????

WeatherTech sells the in channel units for $100 for the 4 piece set.... My local O'Reilly Auto Parts wants $162 for the exact same set...... Come on, why would I pay $62 more for the exact same item??????

[rant]
Exactly! AutoAnything wanted more too. *********! Not only did I not buy from them, but they will be the last place I check in the future for auto anything. I've also found as of late, Amazon is higher than the local stores on many of the items I'm looking for. And the locals don't spam me or sell my info to spammers. Also has anyone else noticed how much higher freight is? I think many of the online vendors are making a profit off the freight too. It's like the scam commercials that say "plus shipping and handling". What the hell is handling? That's part of their business. Of course they have to handle it. Just another scam to post a lower price, but get their margin back on made up charges. I've always supported capitalism, but it's been replaced in large part by unbridled greed.
[/rant]

wink

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Don't blame the retailers. Weathertech has a different pricing strategy than most since they sell direct but won't stop people from distributing.
Sometimes it's about the total basket and being a one stop shop (autoanything).
There is a strategy at play, I am sure.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nah, I'm gonna go ahead and blame the retailers. AutoAnything and RealTruck wanted $75 for the same deflectors. WeatherTech and CarID wanted $60. Unless CarID gets a massive volume discount, it looks like the strategy is for the first two to gouge. Just my observation. YMMV

wink

Zoodles95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 5.7
Weird question... What is the benefit of these window deflectors? I guess you can crack your windows open without rain coming in. Does it also reduce buffeting at speed? Just wondering about the rationale.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nah, I'm gonna go ahead and blame the retailers. AutoAnything and RealTruck wanted $75 for the same deflectors. WeatherTech and CarID wanted $60. Unless CarID gets a massive volume discount, it looks like the strategy is for the first two to gouge. Just my observation. YMMV

wink
I have used carid a couple times now and I'm very happy with them. Prices are fair and I have hit customer service twice now (just for questions) and they have been prompt and respectful and helpful.