Four window one touch up/down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davidius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, while installing and programming my factory remote start and trailer brake controller with alfaobd, I poked around other settings and I noticed a setting for the rear windows potentially being one touch up/down, of course it didn't work. My truck is a 2013 1500 tradesman crew cab ram box, Is there a way to add factory right front door modules and window motors to the rear doors to make all windows one touch up/down? The additional wiring isn't a concern, my biggest question is will the body control module recognize two addition RF door control modules on the CAN IHS bus as rear door modules or would I need to find rear door modules and motors out of a newer pacifica or similar that has one touch windows? I've looked into the autoloc and DEI options as well but once I started thinking about using factory parts, I went down a rabbit hole and decided the CAN and BCM will be the biggest hurdle, any input? Thank you.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to do this. Rear window auto up/down is disabled/not an option on any vehicle I'm aware of, mainly because it's a safety feature that is mandated by the DOT to prevent a child from being able to auto roll the windows down or up. Additionally, there's a rear window (child safety) lock on the driver's window control panel that can be activated to prevent the rear windows from being rolled up/down at all unless commanded by the driver's module.