What's best to wash the truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Washed my truck for the first time since I bought it. It's been a little over 2 weeks I believe since I got it. Well, went through hell cleaning the grill, front bumper, and head lights. I was using a pressure washer (1500 psi) and I was getting too close for a while till Dad stopped by and said, "want to chip off some paint eh." I freaked out and kept my distance. Tomorrow when the sun comes out I'll check carefully and I hope I didn't mess anything up.

Anyways, I wanted to ask if you all would recommend anything special that might be out there to clean off all these bugs?

Thanx,

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just use Chemical 1 Wash N Wax on mine...it's sold my our club sponsor...works GREAT. I would definately recommend their "bug zapper" product. It works great too, but I wash my truck every weekend and the bugs really don't build up on my truck. I can hook ya up with a link for the Big Zapper if you're interested...they ship!

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax.

Ummmm use Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax.

I tried turtle shell, and it sucked

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just use Chemical 1 Wash N Wax on mine...it's sold my our club sponsor...works GREAT. I would definately recommend their "bug zapper" product. It works great too, but I wash my truck every weekend and the bugs really don't build up on my truck. I can hook ya up with a link for the Big Zapper if you're interested...they ship!

Hook me up

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax.
Oh and the there is also Fükken wax;) great **** I tell you what:signs6:

OP
OP
ivan

ivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yes please, send me the link. if not the same, also for the chemical 1 Wash N Wax.

Ummmm use Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax. Fükken wax.

I tried turtle shell, and it sucked

Yeah I really wasn't looking for a wax, but if avoids the bugs.... Im in.

Oh and the there is also Fükken wax;) great **** I tell you what:signs6:

So then Fukken wax keeps the bugs off? Cause preventing is of course something to go with, but I need to take it off easily.

Get ready for a lot of Fukken wax promos! I hear it's great stuff but have yet to try it myself.

Yeup, you were right. :Caffeine: But if it works, I'll give it a shot.

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nahh it's just like cleaning it and waxing it:D and it makes the bugs come off super easy:D

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Laserwash car wash. Lol that's all I've used on my 3 brand new vehicles

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kerosene will take the bugs and everything else off.

I'm also very fond of Turtle Wax ICE (just tried it) - not for getting bugs off but I wonder how easily they'll come off a vehicle coated with it.

Not tried the Fukken. Seems gimmicky (I've seen these types of products come and go through the years) and is pretty expensive. I'd need to learn more about it and pay an awful lot less before spraying it on my truck's paint.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out something called ONR (Optimum No Rinse) it's an amazing product, especially when followed up with a quick Fukken.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
For alot of bugs, just wash it more. Me, if I drive out of town and get bugs, I wash it that night to keep them from sitting on the paint. If that's not an option, keep the front end waxed, so you have less chance of it bedding in the paint.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
I bought some Turtle Wax adhesive remover to get the dealer sticker off my truck. The can has way more in it than needed for just that little job, so I though I'd give it a go on the bugs and tar. It works like a champ, and smells like oranges.

They also make a spray specifically for bugs and tar, but I already had this.

Just spray it on, leave it for the count of 60, then wipe away. I just wash with a micro-fiber glove, Turtle Wax ICE soap and a hose. Do one body panel, rinse, do one body panel, rinse, until done. Dry with a micro-fiber, then if any soap residue or anything remains hit it with Mother's Instant-detailer and a micro-fiber.

If you get anything real nasty on the paint, up to and including paint transfer, try a clay bar and elbow grease. Rain-X on the glass.

Results:

330847_334838579931996_1146808327_o.jpg

Last edited:

Goon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Mothers Car Wash and 3-4 times a year use Mother's California Gold Pure Carnuba Wax. Gets the job done for me.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Did someone say Fukken? :D

Ask anyone who's used it, its awesome stuff!

Here's where to nab it! Fukken Wax

Not tried the Fukken. Seems gimmicky (I've seen these types of products come and go through the years) and is pretty expensive. I'd need to learn more about it and pay an awful lot less before spraying it on my truck's paint.

Give it a try! :D No gimmicks, we aren't a fly by night business. I've been selling it on the forums for about 3 years now - with a LOT of happy customers!

So, whats to know about Fukken? Well, use it on every non porous surface (so pretty much everything on your truck) and it will clean and wax, without the need for water. Great stuff!

Check out something called ONR (Optimum No Rinse) it's an amazing product, especially when followed up with a quick Fukken.

Awesome combo right there. Really stretches the Fukken too, as less is needed on a clean truck to bring out the shine! David, you can probably get what.....5-6 waxes out of a can then?

I'm still itching to try the Fukken wax but can't find it locally. Just so everyone knows, I wasn't bad mouthing it! haha.

Nab some and become a believer! :naughty:

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I must admit, the Fukken is tempting based on what I've read on the forums. Would like to learn more about the ingredients - is there a chemical formula available anywhere?

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I think crack is in it, cause its addicting. lol

I just used some this last weekend on the convertible to get home worked great on the windows removing the bugs. I had no wipers

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I must admit, the Fukken is tempting based on what I've read on the forums. Would like to learn more about the ingredients - is there a chemical formula available anywhere?

the chemical formula is under lock and key :crazy:

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
to clean interior: fukken wax
to clean windows: fukken wax
to clean exterior: fukken wax
to clean wheels and tires: fukken wax
to clean tv screen: fukken wax
to clean wood table tops at work: fukken wax