Wheel bearings shot.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDNUSER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, leaving work and noticed a terrible screeching sound coming from the front end like metal on metal. Luckily I was close to a dealer.
Now I normally try to avoid the dealer and price out parts but I needed my truck for work the next day. Anyway to make a story short.

With both front wheel bearings and a simple oil change it came to $765 Canadian.

Seems a little steep but they know they got ya by the short and curlies when you limp in the service bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jljbtm

Reaction score
Well, leaving work and noticed a terrible screeching sound coming from the front end like metal on metal. Luckily I was close to a dealer.
Now I normally try to avoid the dealer and price out parts but I needed my truck for work the next day. Anyway to make a story short.

With both front wheel bearings and a simple oil change it came to $765 Canadian.

Seems a little steep but they know they got ya by the short and curlies when you limp in the service bay.

A little steep OMG

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7

They charged you $600 for a oil change !!!!! That is steep.

jljbtm

Reaction score
How many miles did it last?

jljbtm

Reaction score
Im at 86000 now

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
I had my passenger side bearing go at 91k miles. I did both at the same time

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have one bearing with some play in it (35'000 miles:shocked:) and tire guy refused to do the alinement because of that.
As it seems the bearing itself is not available/no one does it so you need to change the complete hub assembly and the price at AllMoparParts is 202US$ each.

So you paid already about 500U$ for the two hub assemblys and engine oil and the rest would be work making the price looking not too expensive.

Chris