White entry lights on side mirrors flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My white light on the bottom of my mirrors flicker on and off sometimes whenever they come on. Does anybody have any idea what would cause this and how to fix it??

OP
OP
H

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang 39 views and no response! Guess I'm the only one with this problem. Sucks because it drives me crazy!!

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have any lights on my mirrors so can't relate, but maybe a loose connection or poor ground? Could also be corrosion on contacts? Imagine if it was something BUS related then you would have other intermittent issues as well. Sorry for not being able to give any definite advise, more like swinging in the dark!

OP
OP
H

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have any lights on my mirrors so can't relate, but maybe a loose connection or poor ground? Could also be corrosion on contacts? Imagine if it was something BUS related then you would have other intermittent issues as well. Sorry for not being able to give any definite advise, more like swinging in the dark!

I appreciate any response. I will try to take them apart and see if there is any corrosion.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had the same thing happen to mine, flickers but most of the time doesn't come on at all. As already said, most likely corrosion/lose connection somewhere I would imagine. Haven't had a chance to take it apart yet. There's a how to on here somewhere I think. The glass pops out and you can access the puddle lamp then.

OP
OP
H

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had the same thing happen to mine, flickers but most of the time doesn't come on at all. As already said, most likely corrosion/lose connection somewhere I would imagine. Haven't had a chance to take it apart yet. There's a how to on here somewhere I think. The glass pops out and you can access the puddle lamp then.

Yeah I was just looking at it and couldn't figure out how to get the glass off. I didn't try to hard or for to long either. However it looks like there is 2 or 3 tiny LEDs in there.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tow mirrors or regular mirrors? My 14 Sport had the tow mirrors and I had both sides replaced twice under warranty for various reason....flickering, dim, one not working at all. I think in 2015, Chrysler came out with a complete redesign of the puddle lights. They are a complete unit and not that expensive.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i'd like to know where you got your oem's.my tows were over 5oo each,so i went aftermarket for just under 2 and the one i replaced actually heats and defrosts better than the oem,and the image is not wavy or distorted in the least.

Swiater4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue with my entry lights as well...Getting to the point where it is starting to drive me nuts. I found the replacement lights but damn things run over $100...Any one know a better option? Other than just dealing with it? Thanks for any advice!