2013 map and dome light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k9endy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All the instructions that I've read so far say to pop off the lens cover and pull the bulb out. The 2013's have the chrome plate in there and another plastic housing that has the bulb behind it. Do I need to remove the entire overhead assembly to get behind the chrome plate and housing to get to the bulb? (note: I already got it halfway off and still couldn't access the bulb) I don't wanna pop stuff off and risk breaking it if I don't have to.

And I tried the back dome light tonight, same issue. The bulb is encased within another lense which also has a chrome plastic piece completely filling up the area behind the lense cover. It isn't obvious how to get to the bulb. Any insight out there? Thank you!!

Mike123247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Rear dome light

I actually did my front map lights today on my 2013 dodge ram sport and installed LED. what you were doing was right i was scared at first i was going to rip out those 2 things the cover piece and the actual light part and it wouldn't work again. but ya you gotta file down those 3 little plastic ball things holding those 2 pieces up in the light then you should be able to pull them out. but after you do that you cannot install the crome part again which stops you from seeing up into the light casing which isnt a big deal. but the rear dome light i was unable to figure out just like you were... i had it all taken apart but there is no actual bulb... its like a computer chip with a little led light sauntered onto it. no actual bulb you can replace, its like if you actaully had to replace that light you have to buy the whole unit console..? you havent had any luck with the rear dome light have you?