How to replace map lights 2023 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
That console isn't the same as my 23. The one in the video you can change the bulbs without tearing down the console but for the 5th gen all the videos show owners removing the console and changing the bulb or going further and disassembling the console

I did find one video where the guy says he changed the bulb without removing the console...remove the lense cover and put tape on the bulb to remove it (not enough room to use fingers). Unfortunately he didn't video it, just talked about it.

When I get the bulbs I will try removing the lenses first, making sure not to touch the silver mirrors. I plan to use tweezers with electrical tape on the tips.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
That console isn't the same as my 23. The one in the video you can change the bulbs without tearing down the console but for the 5th gen all the videos show owners removing the console and changing the bulb or going further and disassembling the console

I did find one video where the guy says he changed the bulb without removing the console...remove the lense cover and put tape on the bulb to remove it (not enough room to use fingers). Unfortunately he didn't video it, just talked about it.

When I get the bulbs I will try removing the lenses first, making sure not to touch the silver mirrors. I plan to use tweezers with electrical tape on the tips.
Oooops did not see you had a 5th Gen,,
There is a video out there on the 5th Gen I think I saw one ! If I find it I post up !
Maybe you can do a video of what works for you ?
Please Update Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517