2013 RAM Sport Floor shifter to column and install jump seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Hi,

I love my Ram Sport. IT is a 2013 with floor shifter (6 speed tranny)

I need some major help installing a jump seat in it. I know this is very rare to do on a Sport model, but Im sure it has been done on other trim levels.

I have the black leather trimmed seats, not the full on leather. Can someone tell me every part that I will need? Including part numbers?
Also, I need some major help on how to complete this conversion.

Any and all help will be appreciated! I would hate to trade this truck in just to get a new truck that has a jump seat. Please help!

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
help please

Anyone?
Help with mod to a jumpseat? I need help I have a 2013 ram sport that I need to swap out for a jumpseat I have no idea where to start in terms of what parts I need and how to swap out the floor shifter to a column shifter. Please help

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
To move the shifter you're going to need a column shifter and the shroud that covers it along with a shift cable. I'm not sure about the electrical portion because I've only seen people go the other way (jump seat to console). Your best bet is to find someone with a jump seat truck and just swap everything with them.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
where are you located? i dont have the column shift parts but i just put a center console in my 2016 express. I have all the parts needed to swap in gray minus the column shifter parts. Was gonna sell it all for $400 if your local to long island NY. let me know if your interested. -Mike

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You also need a new shift tab on transmission. The column vs console shifters use a different tab on trans housing.

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
shifter chane

That is my biggest concern. Going from floor shifter to column shifter

Can someone please tell me in detail how to make this change? I can figure out the column parts easily I think. Just the part of the cable to the transmission scares me

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
help

He me with this in detail please

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That is my biggest concern. Going from floor shifter to column shifter

Can someone please tell me in detail how to make this change? I can figure out the column parts easily I think. Just the part of the cable to the transmission scares me

That's easy enough. Run cable through firewall. Swap tab on trans. Hook up both cable ends.

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Chicago. Can you send me pics pics of the parts, including the trim pieces from the dash? I have the 8.4 screen and not sure if your trim pieces would fit or not.

Thank you

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Pictures of the Trans tab?? Is it the same cable or do I need a new cable for the column shifter??

twisted 8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have everything for the jump seat conversion located in Minnesota

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I also have everything for the jump seat conversion located in Minnesota

What year and trim level truck do you have? What color is the seat?

Do you have any pictures? I'd be interested in getting that from you. I'm near Chicago

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
help

Anyone out there that can help me? I need specific help on switching the shifter to the column.

Can someone give me the parts numbers needed for the shroud and shifter? Does a cable come with the new column shifter?

Also, what trim pieces will I need under the radio after installing the jump seat?

I'm having a hard time finding a 2013+ black leather jump seat. Can the gray ones be upholstered and painted eeasily?

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I need helping getting the bracket for the shift lever column. Most say I need to buy the entire column to get this bracket hat is required. I am going from floor shifter to column.

Where can I get this bracket? Also the jumpseat I bought had the seat belt ripped off. Do I need the oem seat belt? Or will an aftermarket lap bet work??

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I need help with parts please give me part number of the new radio bezel I need. I. Going from console to jump seat. Also what about the bracket in the steering column? Can you give me a pet number for the shift cable that I need?

OP
OP
G

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I did it! I converted my sport from console to jumpseat and from floor shifter to column shifter!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007