6 wiring harnesses under manual seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Driver's seat (manual) has 6 connectors: 2 yellow, 2 small grey and 2 large grey.

Passenger has 2 yellow and 1 small grey. I assume those are for the airbags.

So, what on earth are the other 3 harnesses doing under my driver's seat?

(to be clear, each of these connectors do have wires going in and out of them)

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Driver's seat (manual) has 6 connectors: 2 yellow, 2 small grey and 2 large grey.

Passenger has 2 yellow and 1 small grey. I assume those are for the airbags.

So, what on earth are the other 3 harnesses doing under my driver's seat?

(to be clear, each of these connectors do have wires going in and out of them)

3 other wires you mean? or 3 other wiring harnesses?

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
only thing I can think of for a seat if its the harness on the truck (not coming out of he seat itself) would be…

Seat belt indicator
Power seat connects
Air bag indicator
heated seats
lighting

If its the seat harness that connects to the trucks harness connections and you have manual seats that could be same as above minus a few. These would be whats left.

Seat belt indicator
air bag indicator

Doc1609

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want someone to say it's for power and heated seats so I can start rigging my express to fancy status.

OP
OP
plarkinjr

plarkinjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
3 other wires you mean? or 3 other wiring harnesses?

Far more than 3 individual wires....

There are 3 additional connector pairs....each having multiple wires on both sides of the connectors. In other words, I can disconnect them and "break" circuits. I'm wondering which circuits those might be.

Whatever they are, they do not seem to have any relationship to the passenger seat; that side has only 3 connector pairs, which also have wires in and out, and those 3 have "sisters" under the driver's seat... my assumption is that they are for airbags in both seats. The fact they are Yellow makes me think that even more (to make them stand out as airbags are safety items and risks to individuals doing work on the vehicle).

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I want someone to say it's for power and heated seats so I can start rigging my express to fancy status.

Would be nice. Just add the seat elements, control module, center switch panel and see if it works as easy as the steering wheel volume controls! If not, it doesnt sound hard at all to add options via StarScan at the dealer. My buddy was showing me and there was tons of stuff that could be flashed in. I never looked for the heated seats option. May try calling him and ask.

But we all know it's never that simple.

Last edited: