Added the upper glove box to my Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joedodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 & 2012
Engine
360 and Hemi 5.7
I looked behind my glove box, no USB either. But i have the basic radio. I'm using the AUX plug and running a mp3 player that way. Even though the truck sticker says Uconnect--it doesnt. Ask your dealer why? Mine gave me some BS. The actual Uconnect has voice commands and such also

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just added a glove box into mine, going by the diagram dodge has, i bought the striker . 68050658aa and of course its too small and doesnt fit. But you listed this part Latch 68050731AA $7.01. That one is the correct one? Is it a little longer and narrower than the bottom one? You think with all their money they would get diagrams right. thanks for the help Hemi Joe

Just saw your PM and replied. I think you need to order the correct latch.

Ranger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see alot of people doing this mod to their express models, I think some just dont like the big opening but others maybe mainly just want the USB plug....

Well just to throw the idea out there for you guys... My 2013 express came with a USB and AUX inside of my middle consol... for this reason I have no need to put the upper glove box on my truck, and I actually enjoy having the cubby hole there to put things for example my kindle fire fits perfect in there when going out of town... so idk if the earlier express models have the usb port in the middle consol but this could be another option for you guys wanting the usb connection and would rather have it in the middle rather than the upper glove box... maybe just need to find the part number for the 2013 middle consol

p.s. I couldnt help post a picture of my anti-theft device lol

Attachments

• middleconsol.jpg
    middleconsol.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can you post a pic of the console lid? Sweet gun. Id love to buy one but all the L.E. agencys are buying them up and they are on backorder EVERYWHERE.

Sent from my SIII using Tapatalk 2

Ranger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes the shields are very hard to find right now, I lucked out by finding one at a local academy... if your looking for one id suggest finding out what day the local academy receives new shipments and checking in with them every day they get a new order also have them check the computer to search the nearby stores.

Im in laredo texas and had been looking for one for about a month this way and they always told me there was one in the houston area but really didnt want to take a road trip for a pistol... then I went to work down in the mcallen area and decided to check around there and it just so happened that they had just received one in the day before and none of the clerks even knew they had it apparently someone hid it in the back of the safe to save if for someone but I knew they had it in stock because the computer said they did and I made them pull everything out of the safe to find it :) I also got a great deal on it too I payed like 389 for it I really dont remember though... you wont find one for that price from the other independent dealers that happen to have one in stock because they know how hard they are to find, but academy has to keep their prices universal and their not allowed to be jacking the prices up

Ranger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
back to topic though here is the picture of the top lid... yes it does have a little wrinkle at the stitching... I dont know how I didnt notice it when i bought it lol

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 225

BlueRamMan

Now RedRamMan
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My GOV has the USB like that in the console. Guess makes less wires

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
back to topic though here is the picture of the top lid... yes it does have a little wrinkle at the stitching... I dont know how I didnt notice it when i bought it lol

Does the 2013 Express still have the flip down cup holders under the center stack?

dsexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RC Express (sold) 2017 Ram RC Express
Engine
hemi 5.7
No, I believe its now a flip down storage compartment.

btguy101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Express upper glove box

I got the parts ordered, so lets see if it's as easy to install like everyone sez.

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just did this to mine! Well worth it! Just remember to buy 4 extra 7mm screws

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks finished to me, just like I was hoping for.

picture.php

picture.php

Only thing missing is the light, it's taking a little longer to come in.

btguy101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Express upper glove box

My upper glove box parts came in and following instructions from all in the forum, I had no problems with the install. The door took a few extra minutes trying to get the tab in the center to the correct area, but all in all only took about 30 minutes. Thanx to all for the help and ideas.

Big_Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My Express was loaded for an Express. Power locks and windows, keyless remote entry, cloth bench seat, auto dimming rear view, Uconnect, 4wd. The sticker was around $30k. I'm not sure if you can add keyless remote entry. I had the factory remote start installed, which included two new key fobs with the start button. Maybe you could ask your dealer if that can be installed.

The parts were under $200. It was easy except the upper door. That was a complete pita to install. I can't take credit for it, I saw on another forum. Since my truck has Uconnect, the USB plug was there, just taped back to a wiring harness.
Hi Joe, I've got a 2013 Express and have ordered the upper glove box kit. Do you remember where you saw the door installation instructions that helped the task go from PITA to DONE? Thanks.

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In the DIY section

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Joe, I've got a 2013 Express and have ordered the upper glove box kit. Do you remember where you saw the door installation instructions that helped the task go from PITA to DONE? Thanks.

I don't remember the orgininal forum I saw it on, but there is a write up now in the DIY section.

Pipeman1966

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What color were the USB wires

Can u remember what color. the USB wires were
:rockit:

Aaron Gilliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just installed this in my 2012 ram express. However I can’t seem to find the pigtail for the light. Does anyone know where else it could be, or did it to come i this truck? The box came from a 2010. So I find it hard to believe they didn’t add it in 12.

I know I should have gotten tan, but I like the black look. It really doesn’t look bad because tan doesn’t come down on the drivers side. It stops at the top of my cluster

CB9949BC-7F31-44D8-8FF4-F0E6B16A3B9A.jpeg