Illuminated sunvisor and upper glove box lamp plugs/sockets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have links where to buy these:

Plug to go into the upper glove box lamp?

Wiring sockets for illuminated sunvisors to plug into?

I bought these off a 2019 4th Gen Laramie (in Australia). My 2021-22 Classic Express doesn't have the wiring for either. Going to try and convince the wrecker to let me cut them off the harnesses in the car but don't like my chances.

I'm also going to buy the HVAC unit out of the Laramie so I can convert mine to dual zone climate air (already have all other stuff I need from Mike Mpgrimm2 and already have converted it to a 8.4" UJQ)

OP
OP
H

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update.

I got the sunvisor wiring sockets out of the wreck, just have to make up a small harness to feed them off the roof light setup.

Also got photos of where the upper glove box lamp harness comes from on a RHD Classic. Will go looking.

I also picked up a pair of 2018/19 4th Gen Laramie power fold chrome mirrors cheap. Just have to get the modules and a door controller.

Choicebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey mate,

Are the upper glovebox parts that you sourced from the wreckers, OEM parts or are they remanufactured parts by ASV?

Thanks

OP
OP
H

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are OEM but the glovebox insert is modified slightly to fit. All they did is shave one corner off at the back and glue/tape a part in.

So far everything seems to essentially fit from US sourced vehicles, there are just sometimes minor mods to make them work for RHD. Like for example the door modules and power mirrors went straight in, so did the door controller. The harnesses inside each door are Australian made to do the swap over.

OP
OP
H

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can't get the bits locally, the US stuff will fit, just needs that little corner mod to the plastic insert. I can pull mine out and take a picture if you like. Just watch the colour mismatch. ASV had the whole dash including the pad made here to suit both DS Laramie and Express, so the local Laramie upper box lid is a good match to the Express. They used all the original push/screw in parts of the dash, just had the RHD frame, pad and harness made for everything factory to fit. You'll just have to find the right colour when ordering from the US. As well as the insert and the door with hinges you need the catch. The screws are there on the Express, just the catch itself (latch is in the door). I could not find the harness/plug for the lamp either. It might be there but not easy to find. I followed where it was on the donor Laramie but couldn't find it in mine.
Your Express upper insert easily pops out, just find the tab underneath with a bolt/screw in it and undo that. I think you have to pull the lower box out to get to it - easy task though. Then the whole upper insert just pulls out. Then you can see right in there.

Choicebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been buying a few bits and pieces from the US. The local wrecker prices are ridiculous.
It might take some time to get this completed but I will start gathering the bits together.
I have watched a few videos on you tube and the process doesn't seem to be too difficult or time consuming.

Thanks again for the info.

OP
OP
H

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The glovebox is an easy job. Took probably 15 minutes from start to finish.

The part I have been waiting to get is the HVAC box out of an ASV 2019 complianced DS Laramie or 2019-2022 DS Warlock or Express Crew cab. So I can convert mine to dual zone climate. Its going to cost me about $750 plus the cost to evacuate the refrigerant and put it back it. I have all the other dash and harness parts. Will be a big job though.

Choicebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a heater core / box for $440 at totalpartsplus in QLD, out of a 2021 SLT.
Not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for from their description, but the VIN detail lists AIR COND ATC W/DUAL ZONE CONTROL.
I got a pair of powerfold mirrors through them and they were easy to deal with .

OP
OP
H

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SLT is a DT if its an ASV conversion, so won't fit. The earlier ASV ones (pre 2018 DS) aren't much good and a few were changed under factory warranty. They are original boxes cut and shut in Asia for ASV, but they used remote actuators and the arms kept coming loose. The later DS ones (basically Classics) are direct actuation which is what I want. The only difference I think is an extra blend door. On the US ones I think you can just add the door and actuator, but given how modified the unit is I'm not sure. I guess I could buy a busted one and have a look. A lot of the cars at STwins in Tuggerah are front hits and the engines have pushed back into the firewalls so some have busted HVAC boxes.

Did you get the door modules and the RH door switch for the mirrors? I have the numbers you need as I only just did mine. It was easy to connect to it with AlfaOBD and turn them on.

Choicebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll PM you the link, everything about the truck screams gen 4 at me.
The mirrors I got actually came from 2 different vehicles and are the same part numbers as what you have.
I was interested in the mirrors and leather wheel in this one but missed out.

I asked Benny to run the VIN's from the 2 donor vehicles and confirm what modules and switch would suit, again same part numbers as you have.
Haven't done the conversion yet, lack of time with work commitments.

Also recently ordered the steering wheel audio control retrofit from Benny too, so now I'm waiting for that to arrive along with the Lisle airbag tool.

OP
OP
H

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's a DS Warlock.

The only issue I had is for whatever reason the ASV conversion harness in the LH side door was too short, so they'd turned the door module upside down! It means a corner of one of the tabs had been cut. Just had to do the same to the new one. The mirrors changeover took maybe 30min with a bit of screwing around with the programming as well.

Choicebro

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm doing a bit of rework to the mirrors before I fit them.
Have some black covers to replace the chrome plus some replacement indicators, the mirror glass is also a bit scratched.

I plan to use the glass in my current mirrors, but it looks like I will need to also use the mirror adjustment internal motor from my original L/H mirror as the glass mount on the replacement power folding mirror is a round mount and my existing L/H mirror is the square mount. Hopefully it will fit
The mirror glass and backing is an ASV remanufactured item and I have not been successful in confirming the part numbers with a local vendor as yet.

Also planning to do a speaker upgrade while the front door skins are off, which then means the rear door skins will also need to come off as well as changing out the dash speakers. I have all the components, including spacers for the front door speakers, wiring adapters and resistors for the dash speakers, but again its all time related...

OP
OP
H

HK1837

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My mirrors were off an ASV 2500, so can't confirm if they are modified or not. I have a spare RH one off another ASV 2500 just in case I break the RH one.

Here is my chrome ones on a white truck. And the illuminated controls.

You can see the upside down module on the passenger side. They have a round and a shaped tab. The left side was upside down.

IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0427.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat