center console squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have a squeak that is driving me nuts coming from the center console. If I jam my hand in by the 12v plug it stops, I want to remove the console and see what is causing it. I've read that the chrome trim ring pulls up - how many screws hold the center piece in? I saw a screw under the rubber piece by the 12v plug, I'm assuming some are under the cup holders? Anyhing near the shifter?

Thanks,
Bob

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have anything in the cup holders? I found times when I have certain containers in the cup holders it makes a noise that sounds like it is coming the console itself. if I hold or remove the bottle squeak is gone. Found same thing with the pull out storage drawl in the dash. If not closed all the way creates a squeak.

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's a center console shift, that big console under the little one has 4 little rubbers keeping the big lid from hitting when you close it. On mine they wore out so I put weather stripping there to separate it and haven't heard a noise since.

OP
OP
rblochli

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
nothing in the cupholders or any of the others spaces. It's a plastic crackily noise (if that's something) If I put my fist in the compartment next to the shifter (12v in front) I can get the noise to stop.
console_zps7ff9ae14.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007