Concealment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GHOST5035

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey just wanted to Start a thread on places to conceal your gun in your ram put up some cool pictures and ideas thanks

SHADOWFAX

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big No No north of the border..... Permits, trigger locked, locked case, ammunition stored separately, most direct route to the range only and home. :(

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big No No north of the border..... Permits, trigger locked, locked case, ammunition stored separately, most direct route to the range only and home. :(

Gayyyyy......... I have a fobus holster that I clip on the center console, I'll take a pic when I get a chance

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Must be a Canadian thing. Providing you have CPL, because who would ask a question about breaking the law, you can carry in most states not separating ammo from gun.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. Canadian laws are quite a bit different. Firearms legislation is a bone of contention with me.

I certainly wasn't suggesting the OP or anyone else was doing anything illegal, only my own disappointment with local laws preventing me from carrying.

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately many US states are like this as well, including my current state of residence...the constitution hating, undeserved entitlement demanding capital of the world...Maryland...BOOOOOOO!!!!

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah. Canadian laws are quite a bit different. Firearms legislation is a bone of contention with me.

I certainly wasn't suggesting the OP or anyone else was doing anything illegal, only my own disappointment with local laws preventing me from carrying.

Harper is supposed to be relaxing the laws surrounding restricted guns and i believe gun laws in general

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Sorry to get off topic some, but yea I thought it was nuts that I have a ccl and there's states that I can't have my gun loaded and in the car. I'll try to look up the website that list all of the "crazy states." J/K

Of course this doesn't help for Canada

usacarry.com

And yep I can't legally without going out of the way carry all the way to my wife's home state PA.

Last edited:

P71Ryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I keep mine on my hip wherever and whenever I go out. I've got a nice in the waist corss breed and works well.

Huskyd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just keep mine the in glovebox although the center console would prolly be a much better spot!

Glock 22 .40 cal FDE

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
Yeah, the varying laws can be a real PITA for travelers. The federal government is supposed to be the only entity regulating firearms, but somehow the states just ignore that fact and make up their own laws. I wish the NRA would challenge them so that we could have reciprocity for legal gun owners much like we do for driver's licenses and this state-to-state BS could be stopped. I've driven cross country many, many times and the hodgepodge of laws that make me legal in one and illegal in others (despite having a CCW permit) puts me at risk for some ******* cop on a power trip. I could still end up on the wrong side of some state's law.:flipthebird:

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah, the varying laws can be a real PITA for travelers. The federal government is supposed to be the only entity regulating firearms, but somehow the states just ignore that fact and make up their own laws. I wish the NRA would challenge them so that we could have reciprocity for legal gun owners much like we do for driver's licenses and this state-to-state BS could be stopped. I've driven cross country many, many times and the hodgepodge of laws that make me legal in one and illegal in others (despite having a CCW permit) puts me at risk for some ******* cop on a power trip. I could still end up on the wrong side of some state's law.:flipthebird:

Never happen....the different laws make too much money for the states that have them

Same for me, I have a CWP, but can't carry legally all the way to my parents in Florida.......GA is the stopper for me

Last edited:

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never happen....the different laws make too much money for the states that have them

Same for me, I have a CWP, but can't carry legally all the way to my parents in Florida.......GA is the stopper for me

So get a FL non-resident permit and you're good to go.

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the best option for versatility and actually being able to draw the weapon is a holster clipped to the underside of the steering column. Although that could cause you some serious issues during a traffic stop depending on how the particular officer is feeling that day.