Ebay's upper glove box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tht1GrayRam48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever used these? Looking for some feed back before i order myslef one

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Has anyone ever used these? Looking for some feed back before i order myslef one
It should be the official Mopar parts. All of the upper glove box add-ons ive seen on eBay are all Mopar parts. Ive never seen a 3rd party brand one.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
i still haven't figured out what the upper glove box is for...

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I installed one last week with the light,i found the ebay ones were a little more expensive.
10 minute install.

OP
OP
T

Tht1GrayRam48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never knew about that site but ill take a look,Thanks!

OP
OP
T

Tht1GrayRam48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I first found them on ebay by entering "upper glove box" into the search bar and theyll pop up

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am confused? Are you taking the door off or putting one on?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am confused? Are you taking the door off or putting one on?

Alot of rams dont come with the upper glove box door from the factory.

How most Rams come, without upper glove box door:
6370433a19eedb559d7d0e3d1f2d3075.jpg

And this is how it looks once you add on the upper glove box mod. Its really easy and cheap.
f8e7999437a3c39db103acbafb78dd8b.jpg

Bur to answer your question, people are adding a door to cover up the 'hole' in their dash.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I did not realize some of them did not come with the door.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
You need more than the door, you also need the bin, the striker catch and the screws, and the light (optional). I found the light with the oem incandescent bulb useless, and replaced it with an LED. FYI It is a lot easier to change the bulb before you install it.

Benny also sells these in kit form everything you need, they have several colors here is a link to one.
Ram 1500 Glove Box Kit (Part No: X8RAMGLVBX)

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This might be a dumb question but did u have to cut anything because i dont anything in my upper glove box now where the add on door would hook up to

Like said above, you will need to replace the entire bin, which comes with the hinge and the latch. You can use the search function of the site to get more info on this, it has been covered several times, and there's even a how-to in the DIY section.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
And this is how it looks once you add on the upper glove box mod. Its really easy and cheap.

Might be real easy, but I don't think it's to cheap considering it should be on the truck when it leaves the lot.
Same thing that some trucks don't come with an upper console, or at least switchable map lights. Love my Ram but those are two things that I found unfortunate.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Might be real easy, but I don't think it's to cheap considering it should be on the truck when it leaves the lot.
Same thing that some trucks don't come with an upper console, or at least switchable map lights. Love my Ram but those are two things that I found unfortunate.

ST, Express, and Tradesman trim packages all have the dash bin, SLT and up trims have the Upper Glove Box.

I wonder what this button does?

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fact that my Express doesn't have the upper glove box and the overhead console are the two things I overlooked when buying it, and I most regret. Thankfully, you can buy these kits.

This is on my to do list, I have to install my upper console that's sitting in my garage first. Let us know how your install goes if you go ahead with it!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RoRogue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question on the upper glove box. I know the earlier models came with a usb connection, I've got a 2014 1500 tradesman and I'm trying to put in the upper glovebox. Does it still have the USB port?

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I was considering putting in the upper glove box on my Tradesman but I've had so many "guests" in the truck that told me they loved the open tray to set their stuff in I've now decided to keep it the way it is.

SwollenMonkey16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was considering putting in the upper glove box on my Tradesman but I've had so many "guests" in the truck that told me they loved the open tray to set their stuff in I've now decided to keep it the way it is.

I agree. I had the covered upper glove box in my last truck and never used it but now I have the open upper glove box and everyone who gets in my trucks loves it. I'm probably going the find some non slip material and put it on the bottom of the box so stuff doesn't slide around