Floor mat hooks, where to get...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Hi all! New member here in the Phoenix area.

I've got a nice new stripped-down 2014 1500 Tradesman with the vinyl seats and rubberized floor material.

I found a set of nice mats for it (Loyd's custom-fit), and they have only one problem: they slide around a lot.

They have the holes to use with hooks, but no hooks came with them. My truck didn't come with hooks either.

Where would I find hooks to keep these suckers in place? I've seen some hits on eBay that say they fit various Chrysler/Dodge models, and they look as likely as anything to work. But I'm not sure I trust eBay all that much.

EDIT: All the possible ones I've found seem to look like this one. There are also indications it might be a stock Mopar part available at the dealer? I just can't find a part number.

What say you? Anything proven to work from someone I can trust?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Little Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The hook in my '11 is attached to the carpet (I hate the floor attached ones). So my guess would be you'd need to make some slits in the rubber flooring, insert and snap together those hooks, to have hooks in your truck.

Munky

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
EDIT: All the possible ones I've found seem to look like this one. There are also indications it might be a stock Mopar part available at the dealer? I just can't find a part number.

What say you? Anything proven to work from someone I can trust?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

The ones you posted are factory clips. I know this because the previous owner of my truck cut the actual hook parts off for his custom floor mats. :flipthebird::homoswitch: When I ordered my Weathertech's I noticed this fact. So I ordered 4 from the dealer and in total it came to under $10. When I went to pick them up my saleman was there and actually paid for them citing they didn't notice they were missing either and that I shouldn't have to pay for them. And who says the stealership is always out to get you!!! :favorites13:

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Very cool. Thanks, guys!

I'll keep an eye out for better online sources of those, and I'll check with the dealer too. Since mine didn't come with carpet (or slits for the hooks), I presume it wasn't supposed to, but if the dealer wants to gift me a set, I won't complain. :naughty:

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Got 'em. I found them various places, including here:
That price is for each, so if your mats need 2 each (like mine), order enough for all.

I ordered them on the 27th, and they just got here. Good service, good price (currently $2.93 each; the shipping cost more than ordering 4 of them).

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
As a follow-up, these are the correct ones, but they don't work so well without carpet to stabilize on.

All I succeeded in doing was ripping a couple slits in the rubberized floor material and the padding underneath.

I ended up using a crapload of 2" wide industrial strength velcro. Those things aren't going anywhere now. (Even taking them out to shake them or hose them down is gonna be a pain, but it's worth it.)