Glove box string

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I went to install the cabin filter mod on my truck and didn't read the instructions when pulling out the glove box and the string on the right ripped out.

Was wondering if anyone knew where that string was attached and if I can reattach it. The part that connects to the actual glove box is intact I just don't where it attaches to.

I keep looking and can't seem to find where it connects to.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seaham358

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Black Express package
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2017 there is a slot on the right side of the GB that it slides into. can't miss it if your is the same

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I went to install the cabin filter mod on my truck and didn't read the instructions when pulling out the glove box and the string on the right ripped out.

Was wondering if anyone knew where that string was attached and if I can reattach it. The part that connects to the actual glove box is intact I just don't where it attaches to.

I keep looking and can't seem to find where it connects to.

Thanks

There's a spring loaded retractor up inside the dash. It sounds like you ripped the string out of it. I'm not sure if it's available separately, but I can take a look.

EDIT: Part number 68191988AA.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
There's a spring loaded retractor up inside the dash. It sounds like you ripped the string out of it. I'm not sure if it's available separately, but I can take a look.

EDIT: Part number 68191988AA.

Yeah it's ripped out from the dash... I appreciate you looking into it for me!

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Part is ordered.
Thanks again!