Has anyone come across an interior led kit without issues??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did a quick search and it seems a few guys had issues with a few of the kits! I would appreciate any info you could pass along, thanks in advance! :favorites13:

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you need Can-Bus LEDs.

2015er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar and proud
I did a quick search and it seems a few guys had issues with a few of the kits! I would appreciate any info you could pass along, thanks in advance! :favorites13:

I just took delivery on my 2015 1500 Laramie and I had the dealer install the light kit before I picked it. It works great and really provides a nice effect to the interior of the truck.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used this kit from Amazon: Amazon.com: iJDMTOY Premium SMD LED Lights Interior Package Combo for 2009-2013 Dodge RAM 1500, Xenon White: Automotive

The lights work great. The map lights are very bright. They are a little tricky to switch out... the bulbs are hard to remove. The rear dome light worked well, but I ended up switching it out with another LED that I already had. I wanted it to be BRIGHT, and the one that came with the kit just didn't light up like I thought it would. I'm sure it's bright enough for most people, and there are a few on here that have raved about it. But, I wanted it to light up my whole street. That's why I replaced it with a brighter one.

Pickles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are all of these kits the same for the 4th gen? I'm looking up kits for my 2015 express and they are all close to $100 (rip-off)

Any ideas?

OP
OP
CMil527

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks guys i'll look into these options.. if a company doesnt offer a kit what bulbs are needed for an Express CC?

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
I used Superbrightled.com and they work awesome!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are all of these kits the same for the 4th gen? I'm looking up kits for my 2015 express and they are all close to $100 (rip-off)

Any ideas?

I have a 2014 Big Horn Crew Cab and they fit just fine. The add doesn't state the '14+ years, but they are the same.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any pics? :)

No, I don't, unfortunately. I'll try and get a couple this evening after it gets dark. Need to take a couple of my phone mount and bayou goat mount too.

OP
OP
CMil527

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used this kit from Amazon: Amazon.com: iJDMTOY Premium SMD LED Lights Interior Package Combo for 2009-2013 Dodge RAM 1500, Xenon White: Automotive

The lights work great. The map lights are very bright. They are a little tricky to switch out... the bulbs are hard to remove. The rear dome light worked well, but I ended up switching it out with another LED that I already had. I wanted it to be BRIGHT, and the one that came with the kit just didn't light up like I thought it would. I'm sure it's bright enough for most people, and there are a few on here that have raved about it. But, I wanted it to light up my whole street. That's why I replaced it with a brighter one.

:favorites13: Installed this kit yesterday.. thanks for the suggestion!

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice. I tried to get some pictures, but they turned out sh*tty and didn't really do any good. Glad you went with it. How do you like the rear dome light? Is it bright enough for you?

OP
OP
CMil527

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice. I tried to get some pictures, but they turned out sh*tty and didn't really do any good. Glad you went with it. How do you like the rear dome light? Is it bright enough for you?
Yeah not bad at all the full set is pretty bright and they match up with one another fairly well... the map lights were a real biotch to get in there!! But overall very happy with them, though the truck could use a lil footwell lighting upon entry but thats another project!! Thanks for the suggestion!! :favorites13:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm glad you like it! Those map lights are a pain in a**! I have been thinking about the footwell lighting also. Mine came with it, but I want to change it out to be amber/orange lighting. I may just have to add in some extras to go along with what's already there. I haven't looked to see if the bulbs can be changed.

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm glad you like it! Those map lights are a pain in a**!

You said it brother...took mine out yesterday...with a small plastic trim tool its easy to get the diffuser lens off but with big ol gorrilla hands like mine I had to pull the whole console down and the black interior from the beige just to get my fingers/trim fork in to get those little 194s out....I hope those LEDS I bought to go back in arent that hard to insert heheh

Im also all over that footwell kit too....

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The trick I used to pull the map lights out was take a piece of tape and tape to the bulb, then just pull on the end of the tape. Had mine out and changed in 10 seconds :superhack:

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can the stock footwell lights been changed? I've seen different thoughts on it. Of course, I haven't looked either. :)

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The trick I used to pull the map lights out was take a piece of tape and tape to the bulb, then just pull on the end of the tape. Had mine out and changed in 10 seconds :superhack:

OMG....

:suicide::Stupid Me: