Newbie with an issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo Dragon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hello everyone. My name is Chad. I have a Grey 2023 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins. It was a dimond in the ruff so to speak. It had all the features I wanted except two, and for the price, I could not pass it up. I was able to get the other two, factory installed with no issues. I have since had the Banks performance package (air intake, intercooler pipes, monster ram horn elbow, dpf back exhaust and pedal monster with idash super gauge) installed, by a local company that installs things of this nature all day everyday. They first called and said that with unplugging batteries and sensors, it put the truck in a mode where it wouldn't crank. Said they had a guy from the local dealer that could come and reset the Ecu. I said ok let's do that, everything was good. Picked the truck up, I could instantly notice the truck was more peppy, and the sounds were what a diesel should sound like, or as close to it, with all the emissions stuff on it. After about a week of driving, it throws a code p0299, low boost. I deleted the code. After two days of driving, the code comes back, and the truck is not acting right. I feel like I can hear air escaping from somewhere while under boost now. I have contacted Banks, they said there must be a leak somewhere, so I called the local place that installed it. I have it scheduled to drop off Monday morning to see what they can find. Has anyone else had any issues like this? What can I expect them to find? Could I have damaged the engine by driving it around on low boost? With all that being said, my mpg has gone from 18mpg to 15mpg. I love my truck, but I need it to operate properly, or it's no good to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Start checking all the pipes they've connected around and about the intercooler, intake and the like. If you can hear the leak, then you should be able to find it.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
You'll definitely need to inspect all your connections, make sure everything is tight, then check for damage/weld cracks anywhere.

Just hope you don't have any issues anytime soon - Mopar likely is going to point at that stuff and void your brand new truck's warranty.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
You'll definitely need to inspect all your connections, make sure everything is tight, then check for damage/weld cracks anywhere.

Just hope you don't have any issues anytime soon - Mopar likely is going to point at that stuff and void your brand new truck's warranty.

Just need to find a mod friendly service center and build a relationship. I have one that couldn't care much less what mods you do, as long as you aren't altering the factory programming or the mod is the direct cause of a failure. They build some ridiculous Wrangler's.

But, yeah, sounds like one of the charge pipes blew off.