Interior Trim Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmagoo_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the best way to upgrade the interior trim? I have a red sport and want to match the trim like the Rebel. Can you but the kit, trip to the junkyard, plasti-dip, spray paint, what?

I'd like to see some pictures of what you've done to yours.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are a few ways to do it, as you mentioned already. Some of the pieces will come off (side air vent trim, center console trim) and you can paint them. That's what I did.

Other pieces will not come off, but you can still add some color. The hard way would be to tape off everything surrounding the piece you want and paint it. I believe most people use vinyl wrap. That would be the safest way to upgrade the interior. That way you can remove it, or redo it, if you don't like it the first go around.

Attachments

• IMG_3233.jpg
    IMG_3233.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 220

jenham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the 2015 or 2016 and up year the center console trim cannot be removed. I vinyl wrapped mine black it was very easy to do

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That was the other option I wanted to mention. I've actually used one of these kits in the past (don't remember the brand) in a previous vehicle. It looked great and nobody knew it was added on. I wish I knew who I bought it from, because I'd consider doing it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
That was the other option I wanted to mention. I've actually used one of these kits in the past (don't remember the brand) in a previous vehicle. It looked great and nobody knew it was added on. I wish I knew who I bought it from, because I'd consider doing it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw those kits a few years ago ! They look good,glad to get feedback from someone who used a set

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a little late to the party, but I opted for vinyl wrap as well, it turned out better than expected:

lkv60R6l.jpg
jsYvs

The radio/console trim was more difficult as it's non-removable, but overall, it wasn't bad. Took about an hour and a half overall using scraps from the vinyl work I did to my last Ram.

stexram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a little late to the party, but I opted for vinyl wrap as well, it turned out better than expected:

lkv60R6l.jpg
jsYvs

The radio/console trim was more difficult as it's non-removable, but overall, it wasn't bad. Took about an hour and a half overall using scraps from the vinyl work I did to my last Ram.

Is that wrap a match for Flame Red? If so what brand?
I'm looking for color matched wrap for my front bumper

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is that wrap a match for Flame Red? If so what brand?
I'm looking for color matched wrap for my front bumper

QvBJpmy.jpg

I'm not sure how close it is. I used it to wrap my 2002 Ram 1500 which was originally "Flame Red", but that was '02. It was just a little bit darker and almost had a somewhat metallic shine to it.

It matched just well enough that no one ever noticed that I never wrapped the roof or back of the cab...

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

lkv60R6l.jpg
jsYvs

Dude, that's beautiful. I would LOVE to buy that in an orange metallic to go with my silver sport. Always wondered why no company sells a replacement for that chrome. When the sun comes in just right, it blind me.

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude, that's beautiful. I would LOVE to buy that in an orange metallic to go with my silver sport. Always wondered why no company sells a replacement for that chrome. When the sun comes in just right, it blind me.
It must only be the 09-12 Rams with the chrome everywhere. I keep hearing complaints about it, but if you peel back the red, it's painted a metallic silver color. There is almost no chrome inside my truck at least. Just on the Ram logo on the steering wheel and the latch for the console lid.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

lkv60R6l.jpg
jsYvs

I'm even later to this party than some others! That looks cool. Could you please post some details about how you do a vinyl wrap? I assume it's easier for removable trim pieces? How do you do the rest? Thanks in advance.

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I’ve been collecting rebel pieces to do this and was adding up what I had in it so far when I read this thread and I wish I hadn’t done that lol. I’ve got everything except the door panel trim, can’t use the full rebel panels but thought about getting them to swap the trim over to my panels (I have the larger reg cab doors). Looks like the vinyl is the way to go as it’s looks great.

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Would be great to find a video that shows someone doing the vinyl wrap on our dash pieces. I can't find any