Leather Dash Delamination Anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidaf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Considering ridding myself of a some other brand truck and coming back to Ram. I had a Grand Cherokee with a leather dash that delaminated, bubbled, separated and Chrysler wanted almost $3k to repair. I told myself I'd never buy another Leather dash. Well here I am about ready to plunk down cash on anther Chrysler Product with a leather dash.

Anybody had an issue with the leather dash? If so, how much was the repair as I'd assume Chrysler wouldn't cover it under extended warranty (assuming you were out of base warranty).

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How long ago did you have this Jeep?

Dash problems have been solved a long time ago and I will second, I have not heard of anyone complain about the dash, leather or not.

Ford seems to have some issues. The Fusion's seems to split where the airbag is and the new F150 is having some dash warping issues.

OP
OP
D

davidaf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Had it happen in a 2012 Grand Cherokee Overland.. Guess it's too late now. The 2016 Ram 3500 DRW is in the driveway.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Never heard of this happening on a Ram

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wife's GC had this issue twice but it has been since resolved. Apparently it was a big problem on the '11's and early '12 builds. FYI, if you called Chrysler Customer Care they would tell you it was sun damage. Even if it was just over a year after last having happened. All anybody had to do was complain to executive relations. They would call the dealer and get it fixed.

I have never seen a post about it on the Rams. Don't think it is really a problem.

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems I'll be the first one with this issue then... but to be fair it's a 2009 and it stayed abandoned beneath the sun on a depot for like 4 or 5 years before landing on my driveway... been thinking if it would be possible to re-wrapp or if it's worth it to buy the entire dash as it seems dodge won't sell just the top dash panel and it's the entire top and dash frame as a single unit at abut 1300

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know it was an issue in the 300 srt8's a few years back with the leather dash option. I haven't seen any posts about it in the Rams.