Locking Glove Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My truck didnt come with a lock on the glovebox door, Has anyone installed one? I just picked one up off of eBay, along with the oem glovebox light. Should be here in a day or two. I assume its a simple install but hoping to chat with someone who has installed it.

OP
OP
MikeP

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the light in the mail today. I guess if yours didnt come with a light there is no plug for it either.Unless I'm just not looking in the right place. I guess I'll run to the junkyard and pick one up since its the same light that was in my 04 dakota.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm also interested in this install. Somebody should chime in soon to give you some feedback

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I can remember if mine even has a lock. I suck. Now I have to look.

OP
OP
MikeP

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well last night loooong after the mail man came and went. I get a knock on the door, and its the mailman saying he left a package at the post office and wanted to bring it back to me. It was the locking glovebox. Install was simple, 3 screws.

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered my glove box lock from my local dodge dealership and they keyed it for me when it came in. As for the glove box light, there is a connector for it behind where it is to be installed. Just pry the old plug out and the light takes its place. Two very easy mods that really make a difference. I like being able to secure items in there and was really bummed that it didn't come with the lock.

rjmlakota

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well last night loooong after the mail man came and went. I get a knock on the door, and its the mailman saying he left a package at the post office and wanted to bring it back to me. It was the locking glovebox. Install was simple, 3 screws.

Do you have any pictures?

Thanks,

RJ

dogcar3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I emailed the dealer parts guy, said under $19 to get the lock and rekey it. Is now on the todo list.

OP
OP
MikeP

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I still cant find the plug for the light. I have looked everywhere.

Sent from my SIII using Tapatalk 2

Big Green

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The connector for the light is behind the little plug that needs to be removed on the left-hand portion of the upper glovebox. There is no light for the lower glovebox, only the lock.

OP
OP
MikeP

MikeP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea I really dont think mine has it. I bought the light and installed
It but the plug is nowhere to be found. Id hate to tap into another wire but might have to

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It but the plug is nowhere to be found. Id hate to tap into another wire but might have to

It's probably under the tape wrapped around the wiring harness in there. Open up the tape a few inches and you should see it.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Not sure what year your truck is but I have a 2018, took me at least 10 min to find it, it’s small and mine was wrapped in grey foam and taped to the top of the heater box, I saw thw wires but thought they went to the heater box so I just kept looking. I gave those wires a little tug and bam it popped out.