Making fold flat a solid piece ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2017 express which didn't come with the fold flat, as it has the full bench rear.

Got a great deal and bought a fold flat from a 2015 for $75 dollars from a guy that took it out for subs.

Being that my truck wasn't designed for the fold flat I dont have the middle bracket. I can attach the two side brackets but am thinking I need to solidify it by adding something to attach the two pieces into one piece since I dont have the middle attach point.

So far I was debating maybe a piece of aluminum on the bottom side, silicone and pop rivet it on.

Other ideas for making it one solid piece or attaching without the middle attach point?

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have 2017 express which didn't come with the fold flat, as it has the full bench rear.

Got a great deal and bought a fold flat from a 2015 for $75 dollars from a guy that took it out for subs.

Being that my truck wasn't designed for the fold flat I dont have the middle bracket. I can attach the two side brackets but am thinking I need to solidify it by adding something to attach the two pieces into one piece since I dont have the middle attach point.

So far I was debating maybe a piece of aluminum on the bottom side, silicone and pop rivet it on.

Other ideas for making it one solid piece or attaching without the middle attach point?

Pull up your carpet in the middle. Actually, there should be a little cut out that you can remove. The holes in the cab should already be there with tape over them. Remove one of the existing bolts, take it to the hardware store to get matching bolts. Then just bolt the middle brackets of the fold flat to the floor of the cab. That's what I did with my Express.

OP
OP
B

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Awesome thanks I'll check it out after work!