map lights flicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 and noticed some time ago that the map lights flicker and fade up and down when ever they want to when on. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix I can do or is this a dealer fix? Thanks.

Tonino

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 and noticed some time ago that the map lights flicker and fade up and down when ever they want to when on. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix I can do or is this a dealer fix? Thanks.

Tonino

Yup, my 2014 Sport did this and so did my brother's 2013 Laramie. It will be fixed under warranty. In infinite wisdom, you cannot just replace a led bulb on that map light. The whole console is replaced...it's all one unit.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Tonino

I recommend bringing the vehicle into a certified dealer for diagnosis. DM me if you need assistance establishing an appointment. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recommend bringing the vehicle into a certified dealer for diagnosis. DM me if you need assistance establishing an appointment. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

"Diagnosis" will be replacing the overhead console. As I stated above, this is a VERY common problem with the Ram truck since at least the 2013 model year right along with the led puddle lights and led turn signal lights on the tow mirrors.

OP
OP
Hemimania

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys. My truck is going next week for the bubbles under the paint and I mentioned the map lights too. Glad, well not really GLAD but glad to hear that the dealer is prob aware of this.

Tonino