My biggest hatred of the Ram trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'm a sales rep and I travel a bit for work. Whoever at Ram decided that these ****** hooks would be suitable should be kicked in the head. I usually have a passenger, so I can only use one hook. I have a hard time getting 2 suits and a couple dress shirts hung up! One usually falls off and gets wrinkled. What an absolutely terrible design. Ford has done it right. With theirs you can buy a rod that extends across to hang your stuff up. I've had to resort to leaving one suit bag in the box of the truck.

Sorry for the rant, this just really grinds my gears!

Anyone know of a rod that will work in these trucks?

1913b2bab58e43c7e1d5d6d7e52c1626.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I'm a sales rep and I travel a bit for work. Whoever at Ram decided that these ****** hooks would be suitable should be kicked in the head. I usually have a passenger, so I can only use one hook. I have a hard time getting 2 suits and a couple dress shirts hung up! One usually falls off and gets wrinkled. What an absolutely terrible design. Ford has done it right. With theirs you can buy a rod that extends across to hang your stuff up. I've had to resort to leaving one suit bag in the box of the truck.

Sorry for the rant, this just really grinds my gears!

Anyone know of a rod that will work in these trucks?

1913b2bab58e43c7e1d5d6d7e52c1626.jpg

I feel your pain on this one. They do work better with the seat down but, you are still limited to how much you can hang on there. Picking up dry cleaning usually involves flipping the flat floor over and laying everything on the floor.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I wasn't going to originally but, I was thinking of doing the mod to flip down the rear seat just for this reason. It seems items would hang better behind the rear seat but, they then I guess they'd be crushed by the seat.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not get like a shower rod and put it between the two windows? Could be like a closet back there.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Why not get like a shower rod and put it between the two windows? Could be like a closet back there.
What would you hang it to though?

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Not alone, this drives me nuts on mine as well. Probably going to end up rigging something like this up

31TMAPxizML._AC_UL320_SR298,320_.jpg
That would work!

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What would you hang it to though?

Was going to say pressure fit, but guess you have to open the door lol.

Get some spare rear tweeter covers, and screw some hooks into those.

Literally just throwing out the first thing to mind here lol.

The picture of the extension is a really cool product.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They did it so you can open the door and not have to move the clothes to get to the inside...but it does suck.

I used one of them in the silverado I had....won't work in a Ram.

I was gonna make something for mine that has hooks that catch the factory ones, and then stand offs that hold it out about 3-4" from the back glass, with a rod between the 2 hooks...so I can put as many clothes on it as I need. the hooks would freely rotate on the rod, so it can be collapsed for storage.

Kinda like this.....

Attachments

• clothes bar.jpg
    clothes bar.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
They did it so you can open the door and not have to move the clothes to get to the inside...but it does suck.

I used one of them in the silverado I had....won't work in a Ram.

I was gonna make something for mine that has hooks that catch the factory ones, and then stand offs that hold it out about 3-4" from the back glass, with a rod between the 2 hooks...so I can put as many clothes on it as I need. the hooks would freely rotate on the rod, so it can be collapsed for storage.

Kinda like this.....
I was thinking of something similar out of plastic pipe

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
you can get ones that hang off the seat rest.i'd like to junk punch the engineer that decided the antenna on the hd should be at the rear of the cab because we don't carry a camper or a rack or anything like that ,so we don't need to worry about it being obstructed or anything.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
put a bed cap on. they can be optioned with a place to hang cloths.