Seat problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebecca

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Really happy with my truck with the exception of seats. It's been a year now and long drives hauling an rv are downright painful.
Dodge Ram 3500, 4 door, dually
I was under the impression I could buy more comfortable seating and have it installed (or do it myself.)

The truck came with bare bones fabric seats, nothing automatic and hard as a rock. The only adjustability is hand sliding the whole seat and lever adjusting for the actual seat back.

I spoke with a dealership and they said nothing could be done except adding cushions.

I've looked into aftermarket seating but don't understand how all that works, how will I know what is more comfortable than what I have?

Is it possible the truck is just riding too hard (shocks and such?)

My husband has a Dodge Daytona with padded leather seats that have multiple adjustments.

Am I just stuck with my original purchase?

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Go to car-parts.com, Put in your area and seats. This site is used by most wrecking yards and you should be able to locate better seats for your 3500.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have heated and cooled 14 Laramie seats in my 12. They're ok but still kinda hard. Really need to redo them with softer foam

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Look for air-hawk truck seat cushions. They are expensive but worth it and way cheaper than replacing the entire seat. I got a pair to use with my '01 and now use them in my '15 on long trips.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990