Rear seat swap problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caveman-travel

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 and 2014
Engine
5.9 Diesel and 6.7 Diesel
So today I started my seat swap project. My 2014 3500 came with the cloth heated seats up front and the regular 60/40 cloth seats in the rear. I came across a good deal (I think) on a full set of leather seats and bought them. I was told that they would fit my truck. Not sure what they came out of.

When I took out the old rear seats the new seat brackets were a bit different, so I disassembled them all and switched the brackets. When I bolted my new seats with the old brackets back in, they looked fine and of course everything fit. Here is the weird thing. The seats fold up great, buy will not fold down all the way. They both stop about 6 inches short of reaching the bottom. I may feel stupid when I find the problem, but it's driving my crazy. Any help would be appreciated. I want to get this problem figured out before I start on the front set.

Thank you in advance for reading and for your help and ideas.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So today I started my seat swap project. My 2014 3500 came with the cloth heated seats up front and the regular 60/40 cloth seats in the rear. I came across a good deal (I think) on a full set of leather seats and bought them. I was told that they would fit my truck. Not sure what they came out of.

When I took out the old rear seats the new seat brackets were a bit different, so I disassembled them all and switched the brackets. When I bolted my new seats with the old brackets back in, they looked fine and of course everything fit. Here is the weird thing. The seats fold up great, buy will not fold down all the way. They both stop about 6 inches short of reaching the bottom. I may feel stupid when I find the problem, but it's driving my crazy. Any help would be appreciated. I want to get this problem figured out before I start on the front set.

Thank you in advance for reading and for your help and ideas.
Does it have anything to do with the hooks on the back of the seat? The ones that attach it to the cab wall? They have nylon glides on them.

runoak6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im having the exact same issue...i can not for the life of me figure out why they will not go all the way down and @Caveman-travel the front seats will bolt right in with no issues

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe these seats have some kind of cam in the hinge. I had this problem also on my 07 and couldn't figure it out also but it was definitely a solid stop. I think it has to do with WHERE the mounting brackets are located, a little off and it causes this IMO. My seats would not fold down unless properly mounted

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I believe these seats have some kind of cam in the hinge. I had this problem also on my 07 and couldn't figure it out also but it was definitely a solid stop. I think it has to do with WHERE the mounting brackets are located, a little off and it causes this IMO. My seats would not fold down unless properly mounted
I think I remember something about folks possibly removing the mounting hook on the cab wall and turning them upside-down or something to get past this hiccup but I could be misremembering...