07 ram 5.7 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grayrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bought used, 07 5.7 4x4 .

everytime I crank the truck cold or hot the choke comes on, idle is rather high.

the truck does have a k&n cold air intake, sensor on air intake tube doesn't seam to go in all the way .takes atleast 2 min. or more for it to idle down, must of the time as I pull up to red light truck idles low ( 500 ) rpm.

Duffr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have the same truck. 07 5.7 4x4 w/Volant CAI and flowmaster delta 50 cat back exhaust. I always just figured it was the way the PCM was programmed for the high initial idle. Maybe to circulate oil to the top end faster. I usually wait until it idles down to 7-800 RPM to drive it. I also see 500 RPMs at red lights when it's warmed up. It seems pretty common for these trucks. If you have a diablo sport trinity tuner you can adjust the idle up or down. What I've found works best for rough/low idle for these trucks is a clean throttle body and .45 gapped copper core plugs every 30000ish miles. The PCV system on these trucks makes it pretty much necessary.

Been following this routine since I bought the truck 5 years ago at 96000 miles and it runs better now (158000 miles) than when I bought it. Enjoy it man! They're pretty good trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk