2012 1500 CC BH Edition Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtrotnic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all,

So with the end of the year coming up, I was just getting ready to do some work on my truck. Its got about 88,000 Miles on it and really has had very little if any issues. My plan was to throw some bilsteins at it as well as new tires, spark plugs and do a transmission service in the next month. I was going to do all new brakes and rotors at the same time, but a squeaky rear brake forced my hand on this last week, so its been taken care of. Recently, while on a trip up to Omaha, about a 3 hour drive, I noticed my check engine light came on while on cruise control doing 75 and starting up a hill. I stared at it intently for about 3 seconds and it went off. A few miles and another hill later, same thing. Fast forward a week, and I have been seeing it come on and go off almost every trip I make. it seems to happen mostly in grade changes, or driving 35 to 40 MPH which is a stupid spot in these trucks. It tends to want to hunt for which gear to be in. I'm am assuming its something in the transmission as it seems to almost miss or slip or unlock the torque converter when this happens. I've tried several times to get the code pulled, but it never shows up when I have someone look at it. Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful. Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007