4.7L Semi-Hemi Speed Limiter/Governor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boosted833

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey guys im new to the Dodge game and i've been reading up a lot in order to not ask repeated questions. My dad and I recently picked up a 13' Dodge Ram 4.7 which i've read is considered the "Semi Hemi". There is a speed governor at 105mph which ive read most stock and even 5.7 guys have. Ive read about "tuners" such as Superchips, Diablo etc that you can use to raise the limter to 130-137 (according to what ive read). I have a good history with the 2JZ/Toyota Supra powered cars and we normally use a thing called HKS SLD (Speed Limit Defencer) which totally eliminates any kind of electronic governor once installed correctly by wiring it up into the harness of the vehicle. My question is has anyone on this forum heard of this or anything similar and do you think it might work in our trucks?

Below is an ebay link for you to see how it looks and if u guys wanna research it a lil more but if there is anyone out there that can give a little insight or heads up let me know thanks!

HKS 4502 RA002 Universal Speed Limit Defencer SLD | eBay

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
Diablo and bullydog tuners both can change the speed limit. Never heard of the one you posted before

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Boosted833

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
...Yea I read about those but thing is, I have an HKS SLD sitting around from TT Lexus GS300 my friend parted out, so I figure I asked if anyone knew about it or tried it and it worked then id just use that instead of buying something new.

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
I dont know, sld's seem to be an import car thing. They require cutting into the harness. And i dont think our trucks operate like those cars do.

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Boosted833

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Gotcha. Thanks for the speedy response. Will start looking into some of the tuners that support the 4.7's