battery question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoomerRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is there a red top optima battery that fits a 2011 ram 1500 with the 5.7? I have called every parts store we have here and none seem to sell one that will fit.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I personally wouldn't do an Optima, back in the day, yes, now...not so much.
Interstate or Diehard if need now, and local.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally wouldn't do an Optima, back in the day, yes, now...not so much.
Interstate or Diehard if need now, and local.

I have been using Interstate in all my vehicles for a number of years now and agree they are a great choice.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes interstate batteries have improved significantly over the last few years. Any really good battery is going to cost you a 100.00 dollars or more . But you get what you pay for. Buy cheap and get cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went with a Die Hard AGM. They have been excellent batteries and I personally like them as much or better than any interstate battery. I wanted a green top megatron but they don't offer it for our trucks and the black top megatons are not to interstate spec and are not nearly as good.

Last edited:

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Interstate has AGM Matt batteries also . Die hard are also good batteries and I don't like Walmart never last batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfazona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would skip the Optima as well. Had one that came in a car of mine years ago and it stopped holding a charge after a year of buying it.

Rustycowl69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 ram 3500
Engine
V10
I would skip the Optima as well. Had one that came in a car of mine years ago and it stopped holding a charge after a year of buying it.

I bought one when they first came out, and it was probably the best battery I've ever had. I've had several since then, and have been very disappointed. I don't know what changed, but they are nowhere near as good as they used to be.