Bump in gas peddle 2017 rebel when first giving gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stoop14

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 f150
Engine
ecoboost
When I first take off in my 2017 renel, within the first few seconds the gas pedal will click/bump once, then again about 2 seconds later... it wont do it again even if i come to a complete stop until i turn the truck off then back on again and the first time giving it gas, and it doesnt do it backing up only going forward.

Is it calibrating? Hopefully everyone else's does this. It sorta bothers me.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You mean you feel a click/bump in the gas pedal? You may be feeling transmission or engine roughness up trough the gas pedal. There's no calibration going on in the pedal, just a couple variable resistors. You could have a sticky pedal, however.

My go pedal is smooth if a bit touchy. Sometimes hard to modulate.

OP
OP
S

stoop14

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 f150
Engine
ecoboost
You mean you feel a click/bump in the gas pedal? You may be feeling transmission or engine roughness up trough the gas pedal. There's no calibration going on in the pedal, just a couple variable resistors. You could have a sticky pedal, however.

My go pedal is smooth if a bit touchy. Sometimes hard to modulate.

Yes in the peddle, its not the engine if i accelerate
really slow you cant feel the rumble of tbe egine and can even hear like a click, click and it could be the trans, but it only does it when the truck is first turned on. If i come to a full stop 100 times after it wont do it again until the truck is turned off then on.

OP
OP
S

stoop14

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 f150
Engine
ecoboost
2017 rebel gas peddle bump

dbl post

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine also does this but I have no idea as to why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

stoop14

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 f150
Engine
ecoboost
Could it be abs system running a check or something?

BackCountryAK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab & 6.4' bed
Engine
My 2017 Sport does the same thing. Two distinct vibrations/buzzing after I start the truck, put in gear and press on the accelerator. Does it every start and only when going forward. Doesn't seem to do it in reverse, i.e. after starting and backing out of a parking spot but will do it after I put it into drive and start to accelerate.
It's a little annoying. Wonder if it has something to do with the auto adjustable pedal feature paired with the fob?
Someone asked about this before in another thread but never got an answer.

OP
OP
S

stoop14

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 f150
Engine
ecoboost
anyone els? maybe they all do it ppl just dont notice? if you give it a good shot of gas you cant feel it over the vibration of the engine.

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine doesn't have power pedals so I don't think that'd be it. My dads 13 did it as well. Ours are both Express models. His was 2wd, mine is 4wd. His had 6 speed and mine 8. I have no idea what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have power pedals and have never had this- I suggest starting the truck and laying down there and using ur hand and a flash light and see if u can see or feel or hear where the clicking is coming from-
Obviously do this in park in the driveway-

OP
OP
S

stoop14

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 f150
Engine
ecoboost
I have power pedals and have never had this- I suggest starting the truck and laying down there and using ur hand and a flash light and see if u can see or feel or hear where the clicking is coming from-
Obviously do this in park in the driveway-

You can't because it happens when you start moving