CarPlay issues on Kenwood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone having any CarPlay issues. I have a 2 week old Kenwood ddx9704s. For a week it worked perfectly, not all the sudden I can’t answer calls or it disconnects.
I am using an iPhone 7s with the latest firmware. Also have radio updated to latest firmware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try a reboot on the Kenwood and the phone.

-I’ve tried different phones, different cables, restarting phone. The only thing that I haven’t done is initialize the Kenwood
-Also Kenwood’s customer service isn’t much help.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
connecting via cable or b-tooth? I have your previous model no problems with cable and calls/carplay.

OP
OP
T

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
connecting via cable or b-tooth? I have your previous model no problems with cable and calls/carplay.

Cable
Worked flawlessly for a week. Just can’t accept calls. Bluetooth works good

2013 Copperhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just installed a kenwood with carplay.... ive noticed that moving the phone causes it to disconnect. i have a brand new wire, but its not genuine Apple, so that could be a factor. hopefully soon the radios will be able to do the carplay thru bluetooth