Diablosport/hemifever on an 8spd with 3.21 gears???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramhornet15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
sounds the same as uprev when i had my titan. The only thing i don't like is that you have to purchase a new ecm or send in your ecm, rendering your truck useless until it comes back. I have a 2015..I still want to do this sometime, the programming is worth it.

not per say
You have to marry the tuner to the truck and send a copy of the factory pcm tune.

Not as hard as it sounds

then he sends you a CMR tune, you load that then you datalog and sent the log back.
If changes are needed, he will send you another tune repeat until running like a scalded dog.

OP
OP
TwistedJake

TwistedJake

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi
11mpg towing. That's 2 more than I get now. That'll pay for itself.

After making the switch to Shell fuel per Hemifever's suggestion I drove from Portlandish area over the coast range to the coast and touched 21mpg per the computer. I know that isn't super accurate but decent considering I pulled the hills at 70ish just because.

Without the tuner this past summer I took a road trip to central Montana. There were two fill ups that calculated out to 24-25mpg. I wish I would have kept track and averaged but I think over the 2k miles we were in the 21ish mpg range for an average. Crew cab 4x4 with all our camping gear for over a week. We even drove Going to the sun road in Glacier National Park.

One of the last fuel ups was in Kalispell, Montana. Drove from there through Idaho into Washington, down to Ritzville, WA for a burrito, over to Palouse Falls, camped for the night, out of the Palouse to Tri Cities for a Burrito at El Sazon, then into Oregon and followed the Columbia Gorge into the wind to Hood River, Oregon. That was 560 miles and still had almost 1/4 tank. I have the receipt somewhere with the mileage written on it. That was some crazy good economy. It was in the 90's the whole way too with AC on for most of it.