Diablosport Trinity and now ECM Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klittle2222

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
So for a good while I've had problems. Every log I sent with the Hemifever tune showed that it didn't look like his tuning. I could tell that there was something different but not how everyone descibes. I figured sooner or later we would get it straighten out. But one day I plugged in the trinity to switch over for 89 octane. It worked out and so on. About two weeks ago I plugged it in and was showing pleas select vehicle. Strange you think, I know I thought that. Selected my truck, 2014 Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi and thought it's gonna work. Nope it was stuck in a loop. Today I had a day off of work and went to town trying to get it fixed. Emailed Diablosport and some phone calls. Got the trinity reset, updated to work correctly. But in an attempt to restore the original back up, it failed. At 22% writing it stopped. ECM error, got my way to the diagnostics and it showed one code. P1602 Immobilizer/ECM communication error. Imagine after more than a few hours getting to this point you found this. So now I have to send the ECM and Trinity to Diablosport. It's just so frustrating and needed to vent guys.

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I had something similar happen on my 2011 Cummins trying to put the Smarty on it. Locked my truck up for 3 days. Ultimately, they got my ecru fixed but could never make the tuner work.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Yeah, that would be very frustrating. Sorry to hear it. At least Diablosport appears to be taking care of you, thats always nice to hear.

OP
OP
klittle2222

klittle2222

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500
Engine
Yes I'm glad they are too. The only thing that sucks is how much time I had to wait on hold before a tech got on the line. I remember one I had to call and it said the wait time was over an hour. The music was past annoying after the first call lol.

OP
OP
klittle2222

klittle2222

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500
Engine
**Update**
Got the ECM and Trinity in earlier this week. They recovered the backup and the truck is alive!!!! Unfortunately the Trinity isn't right again. It's back to doing select vehicle loop. I tried to update it but it says I need to restore original backup but there is no back up on the tool. I'll be in contact with them next week on that. Also apparently my battery is shot. When I was waiting I had my battery cables disconnected and saw I had to jump start it. But it's not holding a charge for crap. When it rains, it poors! Keep your fingers crossed hopefully I'll get this thing back to 100% after I get these problems dealt with.

OP
OP
klittle2222

klittle2222

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500
Engine
Well finally getting around to do another update. Things were pretty hectic at work and getting things done before back surgery took a lot for me to even get the little things done. So since I'm now recovering it's time for update. Found out my Trinity was bad from the start. Hemifever told me after every log I sent him didn't show to be his tune. Diablo sport did a replacement for me and basically it was becoming the last option. After receiving it, got in touch with Hemifever again, sent in the requested tunes as a just in case, received the Hemifever tunes and installed and did all the steps he has us do, finally sent him a log and presto it was it! I remember when I installed the tune it was exactly word for word that all you guys claim. I was so freaking happy and beyond excited. Once again sorry for the delayed update, plus I think I had been enjoying it too much the thought of logging wasn't there lol.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
glad it worked out...Ben there...more then a few times.
My IT2had an issue and I was concerned( freaking the f out) thatthe PCM was fried etc.. luckily it finally failed with daiblo on the phone and when not actually applying tune.
As you stated, once the issues are resolved, it is awsome.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
My Trinity did something goofy too when I had it on the '06. It lost its brains with a tune on the truck and thought it was unmarried. It took bugging DSP all week to help me get a force calibration done. Worked fine after that and has been working flawlessly on the '11.

OP
OP
klittle2222

klittle2222

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500
Engine
They had me do all kinds of updating and reloading software on my old one. At the last time it was working great until I went to restore my truck to factory that's when the ecm failed. They had me send both in got it back but afterwards the trinity still wouldn't work. So I don't know what was wrong with it. But it's good now, and glad to see they got yours fixed up too!

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
Thankfully I wasn't dead in the water, the truck was running fine on the tune that was loaded, I just wanted to to set it back to stock and do a stealership run for a recall. They think every vehicle that comes in the door is theirs and automatically do updates without asking. Disservice managers don't like me but that's a topic for another day :naughty:

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When i had mine in the 2010,i swear i wet my pants with excitement..Wiahin i had the $1000 usd for a new trinity and ecm for my 16..

OP
OP
klittle2222

klittle2222

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500
Engine
That was the reason I wanted to restore mine. You never know if they may plug in their equipment when your there to get a flat fixed. I've still got a long time for my warranty to expire so I'm planning not to lose it early lol