Eco diesel scandle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wtf Chyrsler, what is goin on with there diesels? Anyone have better insight? I thought the eco diesels had a **** ton of emissions stuff, how could it fail...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wtf Chyrsler, what is goin on with there diesels? Anyone have better insight? I thought the eco diesels had a **** ton of emissions stuff, how could it fail...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

They claim that they are giving off more emissions in everyday use than what's allowed, but sitting at idle they are fine. So the EPA is saying they tricked them. That's the basic run down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let it play out - Some anti fiat prolly put the epa onto them- let's see what happens.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They claim that they are giving off more emissions in everyday use than what's allowed, but sitting at idle they are fine. So the EPA is saying they tricked them. That's the basic run down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did they do that on purpose?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
They did nothing wrong! The EPA is out of control. If the gov't sues, assholes like me will have to pay more for his next truck, and the gov't will use the money stupidly like they did with volks money.

tcazes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Same **** that happened to Volkswagen. Same reason why I couldn't get **** on my gti trade in. It's ********

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Give it another week...things should improve drastically after this administration is gone and hopefully we won't have this over reaching EPA breathing down our necks much longer.

Bikerdeano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking to buy a RAM
Engine
Looking to buy a RAM
I went to two dealers this week... and both of them told me that they can't select the ECODIESEL option in the pick-list.

Then I got an excuse why that was so...

1) things are being done at the plant to make them better, so it takes longer.
2) The EPA has held them up, because of the Volkswagen scandal.

If they delay long enough, maybe the 3.0L Diesel Ford F150 will be out by then.

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same **** that happened to Volkswagen. Same reason why I couldn't get **** on my gti trade in. It's ********

If that ends up being the case (Bosch and the manufacturer tinkering with the ECUs from the certified settings)...I wouldn't hold my breath on having to worry about buying another EcoDiesel again.

I just got out of a '13 TDI. If people read into how VW handled that (ex. Conning people to come in and get their cars re-flashed to attempt to hide the issue prior to the news breaking)...they might not be as firmly on the anti-EPA bandwagon.

I went through five new VW's over the years. That TDI will be my last. I'm not a tree hugger (obviously...as I went from that to a Ram), but how VW handled it (ex. They conned myself and thousands of others to bring their cars in for a recall that screwed the fuel economy)...they can go eat a ****.

Did they do that on purpose?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using Tapatalk

If it's anything like VW did...yes. VW and/or Bosch intentionally programmed the ECU's so that they'd know when they were out on the road (not under testing observation) vs. in a lab for testing. When out on on the road, the ECU tuned the emissions system to where it was not working as it should have been (essentially shutting it off at times).

That likely explains why the cars actual fuel economy on the street was WELL over the EPA numbers on the sticker. ex. Prior to taking my car in for the recall in the summer of 2015...I averaged 45 MPG on my commute. After the recall...I never broke 41 MPG on my commute.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The EPA is a joke. Are they just after money? Are there anti-diesel lobbyists? Interesting is the 2.8L 'mini-max' Duramax motor in GM Colorado/Canyon going to be investigated as well?

bubbagumpshrimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
41 mpg isnt to shabby.

Like I said...it didn't break 41 MPG for a while. Would you be happy with 38-40 MPG for an average when you routinely got 45+ MPG on a commute (with the occasional 47-50 MPG tank)? I doubt it very much.

That being said...if I was still happy with the car when the news broke (I wasn't), I probably wouldn't have complained about it. '

I don't see Ram Ecodiesel owners being that worked up over it (if the allegations end up being proven). Well...the ones that don't have to bring their cars in to get "fixed." The owners that live in emissions testing areas though and have to get the fix...I can see them complaining.

Smxtmpr34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Very happy with Filter delete and retune.. I could careless about the EPA

Bpotter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
What did you get done too your ecodiesel