Which fits best?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking at replacing the stock muffler with a 50 HD. Wondering if an offset in or center in fits best? Can get either in 3 in/2.5 dual out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used 3 inch in and dual 2 1/4 out. Bought a section of 3 inch pipe from auto parts store. Put new muffler next to stock and added the appropriate length to the new muffler. Then put it place. Lined everything up and clamp it in place. I also put a small tack weld on each pipe so it doesn't shift around.

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you look up the bolt on flow master mufflers. It says 2 1/2 out,but the stock tailpipes are 2 1/4 at the point where they slip into the muffler.
Center inlet is the one you want

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) The stocker has an offset 3" inlet and dual 2-1/4" outlets, but is adjustable-

Listen to utube sound bites and find the one you like--

I used FM super 10 and left the resonators in, the "LOUDNESS" DEPENDS ON YOUR ENGINE DEMAND--

No drone just light background throb when cruising-

Whatever

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I got under there and had a look. Measured the pipes and such. I ended up going with the 50HD that Flowmaster suggests and I'll have my exhaust guy weld it in place of the stocker. I did a delta 40 on my 2011 Ram and it sounded good but I'm older and I have a 3 month old who I want to keep asleep in the backseat if he decides to snooze.

Hoping the 50HD will give me enough growl to sound better than stock without well, waking the baby lol