Hemi Fever fans... What do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The "dealership" he is referring to is 1 tech that works there by the name of Daniel Palambo. He had problems with his truck and went through 5 transmissions. Funny how there are thousands of trucks running Hemifever's tuning with no transmission problems, yet this 1 guy goes through 5 in about a year or so. He has since switched to JG after upgrading his transmission, and has slammed Hemifever on every forum and facebook page he is a member of.

All of the 4th gen 5.7 Ram trucks that are running 12's N/A are all on stock transmissions that have yet to fail, and all of them run/ran Hemifever's tuning without any problems. Anyone else find it strange that all the most strongest and fastest trucks haven't had any problems? This is all in how you drive the truck, and not in who is tuning it. Same thing applies with JG and the other tuners out there. Many guys have lost transmissions in the 5/6 speeds with every tuner and even stock tuning. It has more to do with how you drive than what you have done to the truck. If you like to street race, do WOT downshifts on the highway, or go 130+ while holding WOT in 4th gear, then it is only a matter of time before the transmission fails.

hemifever

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea folks still haven't figured out its not the "tuner" causing the issues. Its how the folks drive the truck. For one, the factory speed limiter on the trucks is about 107 mph. That's to protect the 4th gear issue. If you removed the speed limiter and ran it on the stock tune to 130 mph full throttle you'd mess up the clutches. Its not individual tuners causing the 2/4 clutches to go out. Trust me, ALL of the custom tuning companies have customers with 4th gear failures. But you'd know if you had a tune problem, it would crash the trans on the first gear change rotation.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good info! I knew someone would have heard of this before me. You would think that after transmission #2... Maybe say let's not try this again..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealer said switch to a Greene tune? Sorry I call BS on that. No damn dealer will say switch to so and so's tune. They will tell you take that **** off.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can tell some people what the problem is and if its them they will never listen and just blame someone else. We've known this problem on the site since before tuning was available. Gotta pay to play and if the guy is not intelligent enough to figure out how to play he needs to pay.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
To further explain how reliable the techs knowledge...he owns a rc 6 spd with full bolt ons, 6.4 cam, 3400 stall, and still runs mid 13s.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Lol so gets a built tranny and new tune but the tune is the only reason he hasnt fried another tranny, this guy sounds like a genius, and a tech to boot? Ouch

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
****, I have almost 35,000 miles on my eight speed with Hemifever tunes with quite a bit of racing and towing and zero issues thus far.

Reactions: SyN

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
It's amazing that people keep going through transmissions and want to blame the tuner. If the trans fried after a hundred miles of a new tune then maybe, I know whitelightning had several trans go in this way, but he was trying to tweak the trans itself. Drive it like an idiot, regardless of the tuner and you will fry the trans. I was still running the stock trans in my head/cam/nitrous '07 for 2 years when it got wrecked and I've had the same L&M built trans behind my new truck for 3 years and I guarantee you that I drive it hard, but I also know what the short coming of the 5/6 speeds are and I drive with them in mind.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
?

speaking of transmissions anybody have any idea when the 2015 ram 8 speed will get some tunning availability

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Many guys have lost transmissions in the 5/6 speeds with every tuner and even stock tuning. It has more to do with how you drive than what you have done to the truck. If you like to street race, do WOT downshifts on the highway, or go 130+ while holding WOT in 4th gear, then it is only a matter of time before the transmission fails.

All the newbies need to read and reread this ^^^ then when they're going to ask a transmission question they need to read it again. I've got 90k miles on my transmission(65k with either a hemifever or Greene tune) with no issues and that's with A LOT of track visits and beating on it in the woods/mud hole. I've also never done a wot downshift or let it shift into 4th going wot. Coincidence.....I think not.

hemidup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 6.4 Hemi
First and foremost is you have to ask yourself why a transmission burnt up in the first place? Could be an electrical, bad ground? or a mechanical problem such as a worn out shuttle valve bore in the valve body? I highly doubt its from tuning since the only thing tuneable is TM, shift points and setting the higher and lower limits of line pressure. You cannot adjust line pressure. 165 psi is all you'll get. Only the limits and that only comes into play when you mechanically increase it, which I can, and then and only then I'll have Hemifever adjust it if my transmission goes into default once I exceed 200 psi of line pressure. My line pressure never dips below 100psi and so far it maxes out at 185 at wot.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a guy at work that tore up an Allison with a stock Duramax.

An Allison is a tough tranny.

Anything can break if you abuse it enough.

I, for one, still wish they'd put a six speed manual in these things, and come out of the factory with 4.10s. Some Wranglers do. It can be done.

sicmadek

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 express qc
Engine
hemi 5.7
There is a guy at work that tore up an Allison with a stock Duramax.

An Allison is a tough tranny.

Anything can break if you abuse it enough.

I, for one, still wish they'd put a six speed manual in these things, and come out of the factory with 4.10s. Some Wranglers do. It can be done.

The quickest way to tear up a allison is wot in 4th. They are actually not that tough.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990