Hemi tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W69DY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel 12
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok so I finally ran 3 tank of premium fuel through my truck. How do I log the information to send back and have adjusted for my truck? Read below for information needed to build custom tune.

From hemi tune:
I will only need a log of the premium fuel tune whenever you get nothing but premium fuel in the tank and run that tune (if ur running low octane and switch to high you will need to run through 2 or 3 tanks of premium fuel before the log will be accurate) . Log about 5 minutes of part throttle simple stop light to stop light driving and a 0 to 75 mph full throttle run. You can do this in a single log. The log will autosave into the logs folder when you stop it. log the below items for me :

Cooling : Engine Coolant Temp (ECT)
Ignition : actual spark cyl 1 (or spk adv 1)
Miscellaneous : P-Ratio Map, Desired FA Cyl1,
Misfire (or knock control) : KNK ST Retard, KNK LT Retard, knock sensor 1 and 2 volts
Performance : Vehicle speed and engine rpm
Intune Datalogging steps : Start the engine and let it idle. Plug up the tuner and let it boot up. Select scan tool, click yes, select datalogging, select configure, select pid select, then add in the additional PIDs that I requested,when done adding click back button, then click record. At pid select, it'll display the current pids that are pre selected. Scroll to the bottom of the list to add in additional pids

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
The tuner has a log button.drive around while the tuner is logging the truck. Send it to hemifever. He will send you anew set of tunes.profit

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Here are Sean's instructions

These tunes should be ready to go for your config. But logging instructions are below for me to ensure it's correct.

You can load both at the same time.

1. Use dsdownloader and select the ADVANCED tab and choose add file.
2. select one of my tunes to load in
3. it will ask for the original backup file and give you a potential match. Don't use the potential match. Browse to YOUR original backup file that you emailed me and select that.
4. Then select to add the other tune
5. select to send tune to tool

Here is a video loading in the tunes. The first part of the vid is loading in a single tune file. The 2nd part is loading in multiple tune files : http://youtu.be/XykeEIpicB8

To load my tune go back to the performance section. When you get to the tune list you will see Custom Tunes and Diablo Tunes in the list. Choose Custom Tunes and my tunes will be listed. When you install the tune, reset your changed parameters. That question will show up if you have made changes to the tuning using the handheld. I've already set throttle boost at 20% (but ur handheld tuner will still show 0%)

I will only need a log of the premium fuel tune whenever you get nothing but premium fuel in the tank and run that tune. Log about 5 minutes of part throttle simple stop light to stop light driving and a 0 to 75 mph WOT run. This can be done in one log. You will need the dataviewer application off Diablo's download area to pull the log up to save and email me. log the below items for me :

Cooling : Engine Coolant Temp
Ignition : actual spark cyl 1
Miscellaneous : P-Ratio Map, Desired FA Cyl1, Open Loop FA (AFR),
Misfire (or knock control) : KNK ST Retard, KNK LT Retard, knock sensor 1 and 2 volts
Performance : Vehicle speed and engine rpm

Part one
1. Start your engine, plug in your T1000 and wait for it to boot up and go to the main screen.
2. Select the "Logging" tab, select "Create A New Log",
3. Select Edit and Add a new gauge. Add in the pids (gauges) listed above. If you choose small layout pids, after you get 4 on a page, add a new page then add more pids.
4. Select "RECORD", select "Record A New Log", at this time you need to perform the specified driving requirements listed above.
5. When you have completed the driving requirements you will select "STOP" in the recording session, then select to save the log and name it (I suggest something like LOG_# for future logs).
6. You can then play back the log and then exit. It will ask if you want to save the layout and you can do so and give it a name.
7. Exit your T1000 to the main page, turn off your engine, unplug your tuner, and transport your device to your computer.
Part two
1. After you have downloaded the Data Viewer software from DiabloSport's web site you should connect your T1000 to your computer via a standard USB to mini USB cable and wait for the tuner to boot up.
2. Plug the tuner up to your pc and let it get recognized.
3. Now open your Data Viewer program, (on version 3.3) close the compatibility popup to see the middle of the screen that says "Acquiring Tool Information...", your tuner will say "This Tool Is Under Remote Control...", after its finished connecting the screen will say "No Connected Vehicle".
4. After they are connected you will be able to select "File", "Download Log Data", a popup will say "Download a Log File for Playback?" select Yes, another popup will let you highlight and chose your saved Log you named on your T1000, hit Yes.
5. It will then extract the log data from your tuner, after it's finished your "PID's" tab will be fully expanded and ready for activation on the left hand side of the page. Now select the specified trending points given to you by your custom tune programmer. Select the pids in the log file that I listed.
6. After you've activated the specified additional trend points in your log data, select "File", "Save as", save the file somewhere accessible like your desktop, close the program and unplug your tuner.
7. Now you can attach it to an E-mail, done.