JBA longtubes with Y installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any autoparts store will have them, But if you order JBA headers and JBA Y pipe they both come with 2.

So youll have 4 all youll need is high temp copper RVT to make a nice seal.

Thanks man! Gonna order JBA titanium coated headers and Y-pipe next check. This ones going towards trinity tuner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks man! Gonna order JBA titanium coated headers and Y-pipe next check. This ones going towards trinity tuner

Be prepared to fight the Y-pipe, and DO NOT try installing it until the headers are installed and tight. If you do that you might get an easier install of the Y, but I'd put money on you having leaks at the exhaust ports. If you have time and/or another vehicle, install the headers, mock up the Y, and cut it so it fits nicely. Then get it welded up where you cut. That's what I would've done if I could've gone without my truck for a few days.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Just a heads up for you northern guys...stay away from the titanium coating...go with silver ceramic instead. The titanium coating is porous and will hold road salt in the coating and eventually eat away at it. I've seen numerous sets do this and have to be re-coated. The silver ceramic is smooth, so the road salt drips right off of them without destroying the coating.

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a heads up for you northern guys...stay away from the titanium coating...go with silver ceramic instead. The titanium coating is porous and will hold road salt in the coating and eventually eat away at it. I've seen numerous sets do this and have to be re-coated. The silver ceramic is smooth, so the road salt drips right off of them without destroying the coating.

Im in FL near the ocean should i go with silver as well?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Yes. I never recommend the titanium coating anymore regardless of where people live because the coating isnt as durable...but its even more important not to run the titanium coating if you live on the coast or in an area that puts salt on the road in the winter.

OP
OP
PassivAggressor

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. Maybe because 4x4?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That thought had crossed my mind to.Both our trucks had the Y just about touch the composite pan where it bends up to the other pipe,and you have lots of clearance. I cut my Y pipe's one collector off,bolted it to the header and then re-welded to gain a bit more clearance,but I still don't have the amount of clearance you have.Maybe JBA has been listening,and has re-jigged the Y to fit better to,is another thought that had crossed my mind,lol. Did you have to dimple the front tube for steering shaft clearance?

OP
OP
PassivAggressor

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That thought had crossed my mind to.Both our trucks had the Y just about touch the composite pan where it bends up to the other pipe,and you have lots of clearance. I cut my Y pipe's one collector off,bolted it to the header and then re-welded to gain a bit more clearance,but I still don't have the amount of clearance you have.Maybe JBA has been listening,and has re-jigged the Y to fit better to,is another thought that had crossed my mind,lol. Did you have to dimple the front tube for steering shaft clearance?
Maybe they are. I did not dimple the pipe for the steering. I haven't heard or felt anything.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Make a fairly sharp right turn and give it some throttle,if it's going to bind the steering shaft,it'll happen under those circumstances.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine

How long ago did you buy your Y-pipe and who did you buy it from? JBA didnt offer an 8sp compatible Y-pipe until about 6 months ago. They also did not change the part#, so its very likely that you just received old inventory, or bought it before JBA made the changes to allow it to fit the 8sp as well. I have plenty of 8sp 4wd customers using the same Y-pipe, and they have the same clearance that Kyle has.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Bought about 8 months ago,from a shop in Edmonton Matt.A buddy also bought his at the same time,and had the same issues as I did,the Y pipe on both trucks just about touches the composite tranny pan.I had just enough room to put 1 wrap of header wrap around the Y,where it almost contacts the pan.Ask Kurtis,he's looked at my truck when it was on a hoist.Personally I think JBA's jig is a bit out of whack for fitment around the 8 sp.By no stretch do I have anywhere near the clearance as in the pic's posted above,and no my truck has never been wrecked or went through a ditch,lol.

How long ago did you buy your Y-pipe and who did you buy it from? JBA didnt offer an 8sp compatible Y-pipe until about 6 months ago. They also did not change the part#, so its very likely that you just received old inventory, or bought it before JBA made the changes to allow it to fit the 8sp as well. I have plenty of 8sp 4wd customers using the same Y-pipe, and they have the same clearance that Kyle has.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Bought about 8 months ago,from a shop in Edmonton Matt.A buddy also bought his at the same time,and had the same issues as I did,the Y pipe on both trucks just about touches the composite tranny pan.I had just enough room to put 1 wrap of header wrap around the Y,where it almost contacts the pan.Ask Kurtis,he's looked at my truck when it was on a hoist.Personally I think JBA's jig is a bit out of whack for fitment around the 8 sp.By no stretch do I have anywhere near the clearance as in the pic's posted above,and no my truck has never been wrecked or went through a ditch,lol.

That's why you had trouble. JBA did not release the new 8sp Y-pipe until March of this year, so the one you bought was 5/6 speed specific. The new Y-pipe clears the 8sp transmission without any trouble.

OP
OP
PassivAggressor

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha. That too.

Once I get stuff straightened with my house after the flood. I'm getting some headers because I'm tired of this exhaust leak from the broken bolts.
Sorry to hear about the house man. I had a broken bolt on mine. Wasn't bad at all. Just drilled a small hole and got an extractor to get it out.