Gen 3 vs Gen 4 y pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daktoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious if mopar MOPP4510364 y-pipe for gen 3 ram 1500 would work on my 2016 ram 1500? It's relatively inexpensive for what you get (cats and highf low y-pipe.) Even if I had to get gen 3 specific headers? And muffler?
I jist picked up a very clean 1 owner 2016 rcsb 5.7,8spd 3:21 gear. Only issues are the tick(broken exhaust bolts) and shudder at 50-70 km/h. Probably gonna go headers and y pipe
Dual benefits, increase performance , won't have to replace bolts anymore and do a transmission flush . If it continues I've heard a tune could use this?
Any help or constructive input is very welcome
Thanks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Just curious if mopar MOPP4510364 y-pipe for gen 3 ram 1500 would work on my 2016 ram 1500? It's relatively inexpensive for what you get (cats and highf low y-pipe.) Even if I had to get gen 3 specific headers? And muffler?
I jist picked up a very clean 1 owner 2016 rcsb 5.7,8spd 3:21 gear. Only issues are the tick(broken exhaust bolts) and shudder at 50-70 km/h. Probably gonna go headers and y pipe
Dual benefits, increase performance , won't have to replace bolts anymore and do a transmission flush . If it continues I've heard a tune could use this?
Any help or constructive input is very welcome
Thanks
If you like to drive it fast,you might want to look into replacing your driveshaft.You're not to bad off with the 3.21 gears,but the regular cab shortbox 2 wheel drives do have driveshaft issues,and have been known to take out transmissions and gas tanks,which also has led to a couple rcsb's burning to the ground when the driveshaft does go south.Crawl under your truck and look at your driveshaft if it's a 2 X 4,you'll notice it has an unsupported slip joint,that basically turns the driveshaft into a skipping rope at high speeds,and might have something to do with your shudder between 50 and 70 if you can't find anything else wrong,like unbalanced tires/bad u-joints etc.
If your trucks a rcsb 4X4 you don't have to worry about the driveshaft,only the rcsb 2 wheel drives are prone to the issue

Last edited:

Sillygoose

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I'm not mistaken, the exhaust ports are a different shape between the 3rd and 4th gen heads

OP
OP
D

Daktoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply , yes it is a 2wd rcsb, when I get a chance I'll take a look at the driveshaft when I check my u joints. Also other guys I know with rams had the same problem , went.away.as.sonn as they got rid of the factory Goodyears.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat