Kooks vs ARH vs JBA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jizzo17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My next mod is going to be long tubes with borla cat backs. Ive read on here about how well the Kooks fit and how the JBAs are a pain for 4x4s. You definitely get what you pay for and with that being said I'm sure ARH have good reason for being as expensive as they are. I'm planning to go with the 1 7/8" and titanium ceramic coating.

I would like some feedback on your LTs to help me decide on which to purchase. Thanks!

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
granted i have a 3rg gen, but the JBA's are marketed for 06-present.
On my 07 4x4 QC. , the JBA's had zero clearance issues. only place it's even close is the steering shaft. Decent quality in my opinion. came with 02 extensions and hardware. I believe they make a Y pipe for your truck, for mine they do not...and a custom one needs made. I would 100% get their Y, unless you plan on having something custom done.

I have heard good things about kooks, but never owned them. never heard of ARH

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i should note mine are the bare stainless also.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The JBA headers themselves fit up great. I had no problem installing them. They Y-pipe fitment sucks major donkey ****. I would never recommend the JBA setup over ARH or Kooks to anyone.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
ARH gets my vote. The JBA's are cheaper, but it shows in their quality and overall fitment. I would also highly consider the 1 3/4" primaries instead of the 1 7/8". With your leveling kit and bigger tires, you need all the tq you can get. The smaller 1 3/4" primaries will make more tq than the larger 1 7/8".

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the ARH headers, the quality and fitment is first rate as Matt indicated.

TSINND

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 2500 6.7

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm aware. I was just simply stating that they install easier, have awesome quality, and for a hell of a lot less.

But working on a LS motor and a Hemi are two different things.. kinda hard to compare... they may install easy on a LS but doesn't mean they do others... Just saying.... Hard to compare apples and oranges and say they taste the same...

Majority of guys are running the ARH, and have nothing but good things to say. I myself will be going with Kooks, Just my preference and never have received or found an answer to the collector being set in the firing order to that bank... That's pretty much what sold me on the Kooks... Will either work, yup just personal preference

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Having used neither Kooks or ARH, but doing some homework on them after installing my JBA's, I would say the Kooks wins out in engineering, both are about equal and on par for fitment, but the ARH seems like they would be a little bit easier when it comes to bolting up the Y. JBA's Y can suck a D!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
In general, Kooks and ARH are known as 2 of the best header brands you can buy. There just isnt much info out there on the Kooks Ram headers though because they have only been available for about a year where ARH has offered headers for these trucks for over 5 years now.

I dont think you would be disappointed with either brand. I have been so impressed with the ARH headers, that I am actually taking the JBA's off the new 8sp and replacing them with ARH. The JBA's will work, but they just dont stand up to the quality and fitment that we have seen with every set of ARH headers we have used.

I have not installed a set of Kooks on the newer Rams myself, so I cant give any first hand experience using them on these trucks.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
In general, Kooks and ARH are known as 2 of the best header brands you can buy. There just isnt much info out there on the Kooks Ram headers though because they have only been available for about a year where ARH has offered headers for these trucks for over 5 years now.

I dont think you would be disappointed with either brand. I have been so impressed with the ARH headers, that I am actually taking the JBA's off the new 8sp and replacing them with ARH. The JBA's will work, but they just dont stand up to the quality and fitment that we have seen with every set of ARH headers we have used.

I have not installed a set of Kooks on the newer Rams myself, so I cant give any first hand experience using them on these trucks.

Why don't you install a set of Kooks then you'll have some personal experience with them. Installing a set of ARH's isn't going to help your customer base Matt. Do a set of Kooks so you can give the guys some decent feedback on them. ARH's have been done to death,we all know they fit,so do something different. I'm sure lots of guys would like to see you put a set of Kooks on the new truck.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you install a set of Kooks then you'll have some personal experience with them. Installing a set of ARH's isn't going to help your customer base Matt. Do a set of Kooks so you can give the guys some decent feedback on them. ARH's have been done to death,we all know they fit,so do something different. I'm sure lots of guys would like to see you put a set of Kooks on the new truck.

This is a great idea....
Not that my opinion matters but once I get them on this winter (the Kooks) I will give you some feedback on them.

Oh and I'm going to put it on the dyno and track to see some realistic times and numbers on a higher mile truck

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine

To be honest, I just simply dont want to have to stock another $15,000 worth of Kooks headers when we already have that much tied into the ARH's in stock right now. Kooks will dropship for us, but if someone calls for a quality header, I'm going to sell them the ARH that is in stock and ready to ship same day as we know it is a great quality and fit as well. I dont doubt that Kooks makes a nice header, but with them being so closely paired to ARH, I would rather just stay with stocking and selling the ARH since we have already established a great relationship with them and have seen great performance, fit, and finish from them as well.

I have also noticed that Kooks does not list a different Y-pipe setup for the 6sp and 8sp like ARH does. I know some of their early headers had fitment issues on the 8sp trucks, so I am not sure if they have corrected that yet or not.

OP
OP
Jizzo17

Jizzo17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the feedback guys. I'm leaning towards the kooks because not many people are running them so i could give some feedback and they are just a tad bit cheaper than the ARH. I'll try to get in contact with kooks to see if they have resolved the 8spd fitment issues

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd go kooks. I have the ARH 1.75s however.
But I wouldn't discount kooks.

Really....is just bent metal. As long as the sst is of decent grade, fitment good there likely isn't a huge HP difference either.

The ARH of mine came with 02 extensions, gaskets, high flow cats, y pipe and the necessary clamps and such. Fit well.

I'm sure kooks gives you all the same??

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If I had a time machine I would go back and stop myself from wasting my money on JBA !

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
has anyone running stainless works headers?

Last edited:

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
has anyone rung stainless works headers?

I have a Stainless Works LT set at home waiting to be installed after my hernia surgery. They look very well made and even give you a spacer for the dipstick tube if you need it.

The wait is agonizing...