Mopar CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey all-

Does mopar make a CAI for 4th gen 5.7's? 1500? If this is somewhere else point me in the direction.. Looked all over already.

OP
OP
MidnightRambler

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Thanks, thought I'd found it but kept finding different part numbers.

If you want the mopar intake but don't want to pay the 405 that one costs, you could always go with this one AEM Brute Force, it's the exact same intake just branded by the people that actually make it for a lot cheaper of a price.

I figured that when I'd been looking at them, but I also like having all mopar for pure looks wise. But on the other hand I haven't been able to make heads or tails of which CAI are the best. The opinions are are over the place. Besides that, I was thinking of replacing the throttle body, so I'm wondering about combinations now.

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
Thanks, thought I'd found it but kept finding different part numbers.

I figured that when I'd been looking at them, but I also like having all mopar for pure looks wise. But on the other hand I haven't been able to make heads or tails of which CAI are the best. The opinions are are over the place. Besides that, I was thinking of replacing the throttle body, so I'm wondering about combinations now.

I wouldn't go with the mopar one, mopar upgrade parts are way overpriced (imo), i would get an Aem or an afe or K&N.

OP
OP
MidnightRambler

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I wouldn't go with the mopar one, mopar upgrade parts are way overpriced (imo), i would get an Aem or an afe or K&N.

Yah.. Looking at what all of you guys are saying I'm about 4 minutes from just going k&n and being happy. I know I won't get amazing gains, as long as I get a better rumble and a little performance gain I'm happy.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I wouldn't go mopar just because it is over priced. It will perform just about the same as all the other big name intakes

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty much what it comes down to with all these CAI's is finding the one you are happy with looks wise. I say that because they all pretty much show to give about the same gains across the board and what not. For example, although I do love my intake and I'm not going to replace it any time soon, I bought it because it says it has the highest gains of all the CAI's out there which was like 18hp and 20-22tq? I can't remember exactly and I'm too lazy to look it up, lol. But I wish I would have gone with the Airiad instead. Almost the same gains but overall, it looks better to me for whatever reason.

I still however stand by not buying the mopar as it's way overpriced, lol...but make sure to look at all your options and pick one you will be happy with overall.

I will also say that whenever the day comes that I can buy a mp hood, I will buy it's intake to go with it, lol.